Problem with some free ware

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
RonaldP

Problem with some free ware

#1 Post by RonaldP »

I heard about many freeware, that take personal info from my browser and hard disk to hacker. Is it true? If it is true how can I save my info from hacker when I will use freeware?

donald

Re: Problem with some free ware

#2 Post by donald »

Properly software of that type would be Mal-Ware.

The software LISTED on TPFC (not the forums that is not listed yet) is safe Known to be safe and portable.

The files you describe are produced or modified by hackers, most software is not produced as malware but has been modified and or packaged usually in violation of law, license, and trademark.

Avoid any software you know to be hacked, or payware that has been hacked to use for free.

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

Off-topic, but RonaldP, you might want to remove your home address from the forum for your own privacy reasons.
is it stealth? ;)

m^(2)

#4 Post by m^(2) »

freakazoid wrote:Off-topic, but RonaldP, you might want to remove your home address from the forum for your own privacy reasons.
Who said it's not misinformation? ;)
Maybe it's an address of some cafe found via the net.

freakazoid

#5 Post by freakazoid »

Maybe :)
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

RonaldP wrote:I heard about many freeware, that take personal info from my browser and hard disk to hacker. Is it true? If it is true how can I save my info from hacker when I will use freeware?
Some "freeware" certainly isn't. Where possible we try to filter out any suspicious software, but you can take extra steps by only downloading from sites which have a reputation for avoiding malware like SourceForge or Softpedia.