AutoClipX [discontinued]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
atomizer

AutoClipX [discontinued]

#1 Post by atomizer »

[Moderator note: Users of any 12bytes software should be aware that we are not accepting any 12bytes software programs due to issues with frequent license changes.]

----

hi - i submitted AutoClipX to the db (i'm the author of the app)

short descrip...

AutoClipX is a portable application that automatically copies any text you select with your mouse to the Windows clipboard. You can then quickly paste what you have copied by clicking a mouse button. AutoClipX runs quietly in the system tray while you work as usual. Some of the features are:

* Portable – no installation required
* Super easy to use
* Automatically disable auto-copy function for specified windows
* Quickly enable/disable AutoClipX by clicking the tray icon or setting a hotkey.
* Disable AutoClipX only while a specified hotkey is pressed
* Optional display of tool tips to let you know when something is copied or the clipboard was cleared
* Option to configure mouse buttons to paste and/or clear the clipboard – they can even be the same button!
* Ignore small mouse movements (configurable)
* Delay adjustments for various options
* Option to start with Windows

TPFC submission page link
Last edited by atomizer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

Re: AutoClipX

#2 Post by guinness »

I updated the DB Entry because the DLL's you were listing are already present in Windows NT and above.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

> Free for personal use

Whoops -- I've been using this up @ work.

You might want to put instructions on your website about how to get a commercial license. There's a donation point right at the top but I couldn't find a purchase system.

atomizer

#4 Post by atomizer »

webfork wrote:> Free for personal use

Whoops -- I've been using this up @ work.

You might want to put instructions on your website about how to get a commercial license. There's a donation point right at the top but I couldn't find a purchase system.
LOL - that's alright, i won't sue your britches off :)

i just changed/wrote/cobbled together that license today. i haven't thought about how to setup donations for commercial use yet

atomizer

#5 Post by atomizer »

guinness wrote:I updated the DB Entry because the DLL's you were listing are already present in Windows NT and above.
oh... ok... guess i slipped up and didn't read the submission stuff close enough - i assumed it wanted all the dll's listed.
thanks!

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

It's not been the case in the past, only those that have to be downloaded externally. I will give you credit though for find the DLL's your program uses, probably used System Explorer :)

atomizer

#7 Post by atomizer »

dependency walker actually :)
although you can get this from the system monitor in win 7 also i see - can't recall if this was in xp

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

From the website:
I prefer that none of my software be used commercially; corporations are not people, nor are 99% of them ethical. My software is for people, not greed generating, earth killing machines with no conscience.
It is certainly possible to get overwhelmed by the lack of accountability and honor in corporations whose primary purpose and direction is money. Also, you are certainly within your rights: Apple iTunes software for example has a note against use by the military and so do many other programs. However, I think there may be a better way to address this problem: by making your software usable only by those organizations who make a donation to a corporate oversight or consumer advocacy organization.

I don't know how hard it would be to set up and I'm aware one clipboard management program is unlikely to make a dent in this issue. However, this refers generally about restrictions to make an effort to redirect the money to help solve an issue rather than just putting up a wall.

atomizer

#10 Post by atomizer »

hi webfork
i think i dislike administrative stuff almost as much as the average "defense" contractor, so i think i'll leave my blunt remark in place for the time being.
i don't see it as a blocker since i used the words "i prefer".

i appreciate your input and i will think on this more

atomizer

#11 Post by atomizer »

an update to a very old topic...

i went pretty much full circle with AutoClipX; from freeware, to nagware, to shareware, back to freeware.

the latest version (2.1.1.0) fixes several bugs and introduces some new features, but most important was my decision to revert back to freeware.

i am including the Install Monetizer co-bundle in the installer, but users can simply opt out if they don't wish to install any 3rd party software.

ACX remains 100% portable - one can either install and copy the files elsewhere and uninstall, or extract the files directly from setup (Inno).

so, i'd like ACX to be re-evaluated for inclusion at PF...
home: http://12bytes . org/software/autoclipx
direct download: http://files.12bytes . org/apps/acx/autoclipx_ins.exe

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

At the request of a user, this topic has been split into two parts: this thread for the software itself and an AutoClipX - license discussion. Issues with the inclusion of Monitizer co-bundle have been moved there.

atomizer

#13 Post by atomizer »

i updated the program descrip to reflect the new version release 3.0 (3.1 will soon follow which will address a couple issues)

portability and extraction remains the same

I am Baas

#14 Post by I am Baas »

atomizer wrote:i updated the program descrip to reflect the new version release 3.0 (3.1 will soon follow which will address a couple issues)

portability and extraction remains the same
I edited the entry to maintain a consistent look throughout TPFC db.

BTW...

atomizer

#15 Post by atomizer »

thanks - apparently i'm a month ahead :)