Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch Portable

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Emka

Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch Portable

#1 Post by Emka »

webfork

Re: Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch Portable

#2 Post by webfork »

So this is like an audio toy, the most primary use being to turn normal music into ambient? Can anyone else think of something that an extreme sound stretch would be useful for?

Incidentally the stretched, "ambient" song they linked to is surprisingly good.

Edit: Whether it strictly speaking does anything else, its a very fun audio toy. So many other freeware audio tools I seem to work with over time are either partly-functional or have a high learning curve.

Emka

#3 Post by Emka »

I can imagine it may be helpful when you want to listen to audiobooks in foreign languages and slowing it down (maybe not by 800%) will make it easier to understand.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Emka wrote:I can imagine it may be helpful when you want to listen to audiobooks in foreign languages and slowing it down (maybe not by 800%) will make it easier to understand.
Agreed.

Edit: updated entry with that.

JohnTHaller

#5 Post by JohnTHaller »

Emka wrote:I can imagine it may be helpful when you want to listen to audiobooks in foreign languages and slowing it down (maybe not by 800%) will make it easier to understand.
Not really. You'd be better off doing that with Audacity or similar. Paul Stretch is completely geared towards extreme stretching, essentially making new sounds/songs out of existing ones.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

JohnTHaller wrote:
Not really. You'd be better off doing that with Audacity or similar.
I tested them side-by-side and found that Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch will change the audio in a dramatic way. I could not find a way to play audio in its default form and then gradually stretch/modify. It sounded distored and high even at 1x (no stretch). This program is just an audio toy. Updating entry.

freakazoid

#7 Post by freakazoid »

Rather use a Winamp plugin.
is it stealth? ;)