Power Batch - image conversion

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

Power Batch - image conversion

#1 Post by I am Baas »

Power Batch freeware does batch convert, resize, rename, crop, rotate, and enhance. Conversion is performed among JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BITMAP, PNG and JPEG2000. Resizing can use one of the 11 resampling filters. Renaming template uses a combination of EXIF date/time, auto number and any custom string. You create your watermarks the same way as in Photo Watermark Professional and print your watermarked photos in batch mode. A built-in FTP client lets you upload and download your photos directly to and from your server.

More screenshoots here

Power Batch Features

Download

Uniextract the setup file. All you need to run Power Batch is in the {app} folder.

Checker

#2 Post by Checker »

Works fine, thanks :!:

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

I must be crazy...I can't find a way to save my watermarked image :(

Help file wrote:Watermark your pictures
Previous Top Next

Your pictures will NOT be touched until you explicitly run the watermarking commands. When you are happy with the look of your watermarks, you can either

Save your watermarked pictures one by one

by clicking File/Save current image

or

Save your watermarked pictures in batch

by clicking File/Batch watermark images.

With the File/Save current image command, PhotoWatermark Professional will automatically rename your files in order to avoid conflict and give you a chance to change it before you save. You can overwrite your original picture if you wish after your confirmation.

With File/Batch watermark images, you cannot overwrite your original pictures unless you turn an option Options/Allow me to overwrite source image files (IRREVERSIBLE, you are 100% responsible) on. You will be asked to choose a destination folder which differs from the source.

A combination of resizing, converting and renaming can be specified when you perform watermarking. Watermarking command is what you pay for this program.
Help?

donald

?silly? question??

#4 Post by donald »

are you running vista service pack 2??

I have had some problems with software not working correctly

specifically if it must save to C drive also with KMPlayer specifically as well as VLC

KMPlayer will not play
and VLC tends to crash the PC

COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM??? I have not tried this batch software yet but it seems possible if unlikely that it could be affected as well

or are you running an OS that is a little less of a joke?

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

I have WinXPProSP3 x86. I had VistaHomePremiumSP1 x86 but it appears I am too dumb for it so I had to go back to my old OS, one that actually works (for me).

My problem with PowerBatch is I don't know how to save the results; there is no option "Save current image" under "File" menu.
I'll try to redownload it ...

Edit: no luck with redownloaded kit; ctrl+s doesn't work either. I'll try searching another kit or an old version (mine was 6.2.0.2).

Later edit: I'm getting really frustrated! What am I doing wrong? Does this work fine for you guys? Can you save the modified image? Somebody? Anybody? Please?! Pretty please?!

donald

have you ...

#6 Post by donald »

Have you looked for a context menu

ie click the image and a menu might appear

or possibly you might tweak the settings to auto save (hopefully to app folder)

I will try it and update if I can recreate your problem

only way to save inside the program is by batch converting images

there seems to be no save to image file

but you can save as a library (csv ??) or a text file

to save without batch converting or renaming you could always copy paste into another program
Last edited by donald on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

@joby_toss

Same issue here (XPSP2 Pro). Also, I just noticed that Power Batch creates a "My watermarks" folder in the My Documents folder. I think this latest version does not let you save watermarked images :( .

Looks like I was too quick in posting this one. Will search for an earlier version to see if it's any better.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

I've found version 6.1.0.0 and ... it's the same.

That "My watermarks" folder is handled by JauntePE :) .

I don't want to batch resize or rename...I have IrfanView for that; I've just wanted to apply a transparent embossed watermark ... so sad it doesn't work for that.

I guess I'll have to stick to BytescoutWatermarkingLite JPE for this (no batch mode and .Net dependent).

webfork

Re: Power Batch

#9 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

Archive.org home page:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070622065 ... &Itemid=32

Download:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070729201 ... _setup.exe

There's also a download.com link but I couldn't seem to actually download anything: https://download.cnet.com/PowerBatch/30 ... 67675.html