Tzoopk (freeware app launcher)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Dmitry

Tzoopk (freeware app launcher)

#1 Post by Dmitry »

Made by me.

License : freeware, free to distribute, use, copy, everything.
Unicode support : I have no idea what's that.

Download and view more details :http://www.dhost.info/lolkik

Comes with a huge pack of programs with it, you can delete them if you don't want them. :wink:

webfork

vs. Pstart?

#2 Post by webfork »

Can you give us some indication what advantages/disadvantages it has over other program launchers. Pstart, I believe, is the program launcher of choice but it is not without its flaws.

grannyGeek

#3 Post by grannyGeek »

Could you also make a separate download for just the launcher by itself? That way folks who don't want the apps won't have to download the whole set.

And maybe also give a list of exactly which apps you are including in the package.

I might give it a try, but I really don't want a 75 mb download just for a launcher try-out.

Thanks -
gG

Dmitry

#4 Post by Dmitry »

Sure!

I'm currently working on a adding/removing mechanism of commands. Until now, you couldn't remove firefox, audacity, all the included programs, you could just add 5 custom commands. Now i'm trying to make ALL the commands custom.

Maybe I'll finish it today.

Dmitry

#5 Post by Dmitry »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JEW8UT6Q

33KB. Just the launcher.

Advantages over other app launchers :
-WORKS FULLY on vista.

- no need to find that little firefox or utorrent icon. no icons. Like Run. Type a command, and Tzoopk will launch the program. If you have many programs, using a graphic interface isn't efficient.

-Can be minimised to tray.

-Comes with a "system info" feature.

- Small. Compact.

- Transparent.

- Easy to use.

- Runs from any writeable media.

Disadvnatages : NOT supported on windows 9X, limited to 18 programs (for now. next version i'll expand it).

webfork

Re: Tzoopk (freeware app launcher)

#6 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: I went looking to see if anything happened with this and it appears to have disappeared.