Gif Optimizer (iniCom version)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
theboydanny

Gif Optimizer (iniCom version)

#1 Post by theboydanny »

Gif Optimizer v1.0
Single executable. 524 KB uncompressed.
From the website inicom.net:
Simple little application which removes the unused colors from GIF image pallets reducing the image size. This also works with animated GIFs and removes duplicate frames.
My experience: Doesn't support drag and drop but does have a clear, simple interface. Can optimize a whole folder in a go. No loss of quality that I can tell, but mind you, I've tested this app with my pixelart only, which already has a highly reduced color-palette. Still manages to strip a lot of bytes from any GIF-image. I've compared this app with Trout's GIF Optimizer and the results are pretty much equal. The app is 188 KB smaller though so if you're fanatic about free diskspace... And no ad, if that sort of thing bugs you. Really nice if you want to optimize images for the web.
It's been on my flashdrive for a week and has been used on different machines (XP home/pro only, nothing older) with success, so I'm saying it's portable (only writes MRU keys as far as Registry Monitor can tell, like "last opened folder" and stuff).

You can get it here:
http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.products-freeware.php#3

And hi all. After being a Anonymous Visitor to this website (and forum) for nearly two years, I'm now registered! hehehe.

panting portable

Re: Gif Optimizer v1.0

#2 Post by panting portable »

theboydanny wrote:Gif Optimizer v1.0
Single executable. 524 KB uncompressed.
From the website inicom.net:
Simple little application which removes the unused colors from GIF image pallets reducing the image size. This also works with animated GIFs and removes duplicate frames.
My experience: Doesn't support drag and drop but does have a clear, simple interface. Can optimize a whole folder in a go. No loss of quality that I can tell, but mind you, I've tested this app with my pixelart only, which already has a highly reduced color-palette. Still manages to strip a lot of bytes from any GIF-image. I've compared this app with Trout's GIF Optimizer and the results are pretty much equal. The app is 188 KB smaller though so if you're fanatic about free diskspace... And no ad, if that sort of thing bugs you. Really nice if you want to optimize images for the web.
It's been on my flashdrive for a week and has been used on different machines (XP home/pro only, nothing older) with success, so I'm saying it's portable (only writes MRU keys as far as Registry Monitor can tell, like "last opened folder" and stuff).

You can get it here:
http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.products-freeware.php#3

That link is not working now

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

@panting portable

Me :cry: ... me jealous

Checker