Digital Dream Studio V2 32bit Power Image Editor

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
TalkOrBell

Digital Dream Studio V2 32bit Power Image Editor

#1 Post by TalkOrBell »

This is quite a handful...Rather hard to adjust to but not lacking in features...

Never quite made it to commercial status...Has a nuance of being a 'mathematicians image editor'. Like learning a 2D version of blender.

One thing you'll be happy to know is you can easily dispense with that blue GUI...That'll drive you nuts...

Here's my own screen-

There are various other things to grab on the site which is on the wayback only & has been for over a decade-

https://web.archive.org/web/20070203120 ... /index.htm

webfork

Re: Digital Dream Studio V2 32bit Power Image Editor

#2 Post by webfork »

Interesting -- looks like a program in great need of a video intro, but I'm not finding anything

The program is also available on Softpedia in case someone needs another mirror: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... udio.shtml

TalkOrBell

#3 Post by TalkOrBell »

Yeah...There's lotta potential...But it's like learning blender with NO tutorials. There is a system there to it but any wild random clicking about will sometimes crash it...

The shame is that alot of work went into this & then it just languishes...

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

TalkOrBell wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:05 pm The shame is that alot of work went into this & then it just languishes...
It's one reason I try to aim for open source programs when trying to solve a problem. It doesn't guarantee that someone will always maintain your favorite program, but there's rarely any other outcome for closed tools.

Still, I spend a lot of my spare time trying to make sure great programs find some attention, whatever their license.