ToolWiz Time Freeze

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Midas

ToolWiz Time Freeze

#1 Post by Midas »

Deserving a mention at TPFC, ToolWiz Time Freeze (untested!) seems to be a free alternative to Faronics Deep Freeze...
  • [url]http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/[/url] author wrote:[ToolWiz Time Freeze is] A freeware for everyone, you can use it at any place, for any purpose. One click to put your Windows system in a sandbox, no need [to] reboot. Protect[s] your PC from any undesired changes & malicious threats, dangerous plugins. Protect[s] your system from any virus, malware, adware, no need [to] update every day. Make[s] your system solid, you will always use a brand new PC every day. Try and test any new software in your system. All the changes will be discarded when your system is closed, except the one[s] in the Exclusion List.
Available for both 32 and 64 bits Windows, Time Freeze current version (v2.2.0.6000) can be downloaded from http://www.toolwiz.com/download.php?act ... TimeFreeze.

EDIT: mentioned before by loin2kolpotoru at http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 408#p65408 ... :roll:

joby_toss

Re: ToolWiz Time Freeze

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I've read only good things about it. I, personally, don't have a use for this one, though. And I have no idea how to test it (or maybe I'm afraid...) :oops: .

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

joby_toss wrote:I have no idea how to test it.
  • Likewise... :roll:

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I've been hearing about Deep Freeze for years and I'm thrilled to see a free variation. It's also great environment for portablefreeware: run all your software off a flash drive and never install anything.

I'm sure I'll come across a machine that I need to remain static that I can use this on.

Ennovy

#5 Post by Ennovy »

The software is now shareware ($ 25).
I could not find any information about a (crippled) freeware version

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

Ennovy wrote:The software is now shareware ($ 25).
  • :cry:

smaragdus

#7 Post by smaragdus »

@Ennovy
Thank you for the information.
The last free version (Toolwiz Time Freeze 3.2.0.2000) can be grabbed from the Internet Archive.

Ennovy

#8 Post by Ennovy »

smaragdus wrote:@Ennovy
The last free version (Toolwiz Time Freeze 3.2.0.2000) can be grabbed from the Internet Archive.
Thanks !