Cross-platform with clients available for Linux, Mac, and as a Chrome plugin.Writefull is an app that gives feedback on your writing by checking your text against databases of correct language. You can use Writefull in any writing tool - from MS Word to Gmail. Simply select a piece of text, hit the short-key to activate Writefull, and choose one of its many options:
- Check how often your selected text is found in the language database, and see how it is used in context.
- Hear how your text is pronounced.
- Translate from any language into English.
- Enter two chunks and compare how often they are found in the database. Also see how they are used in context.
- Find out which words are used most often in a gap in your selected text.
- See which synonyms of a given word are used most often in your selected text.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... able.shtml
I tested the "standalone" zip file v3 beta 19.
Status: Not portable, writes to AppData\Roaming and by default tries to install itself to run at startup
Electron-based so as with most of those programs it's huge.
Privacy: Poor. The program keeps cookies and a cache, and has no ability to modify these without just outright deleting the AppData folder, so it should be assumed that this program doesn't care about user privacy any more than Chrome.
Resource usage: High. Mine ran 4 processes for uh ... reasons, each of them taking an average of 30 megs. It's Electron-based so I guess that's what you deal with
Footprint: High. 55.8 megs compressed, 156 uncompressed.
On a side note, I dunno why almost every program I seem to test lately ends up not being portable. *shrug*