7-Zip Theme Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
zak_711

7-Zip Theme Manager

#1 Post by zak_711 »

7-Zip Theme Manager:

Toolbar Themes - change the look of the toolbar of 7-Zip
Filetype Themes - change the look of archived files, for instance in Explorer

http://www.die-auerbacher.de/7zTM/index ... 01_English

You need 7-Zip installed or you have to use other solutions.

guinness

Re: 7-Zip Theme Manager

#2 Post by guinness »

I believe it's not Portable because it uses Anolis Resourcer - http://anolis.codeplex.com/ which isn't Portable (I think it wrote to %APPDATA% if I can remember.)

zak_711

#3 Post by zak_711 »

I tested it, but I found nothing.

ChemZ

#4 Post by ChemZ »

Depends on the version....

v2.0 - Resource Hacker
v2.1 - Anolis Resourcer

I suggest using v2.0, the newer version is buggy as hell. Also as guinness stated, Anolis Resourcer is probably not stealth.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

So I was testing V2.1 because I had a suspicion that Resourcer was .NET and I was right, so was unable to test the application as I use WinXP SP3 without .NET installed. But from the little I tested of V2.1 the 7-Zip Theme Manager didn't write any settings. Though it would be nice to write the language to an INI File or something :)

Tested V2.0: Portable

And the application is created using AutoIt!

ChemZ

#6 Post by ChemZ »

Added to the database! Vote here for 7-Zip Theme Manager!

Or here.

Or here.

(Same thing really) :wink:

lautrepay

#7 Post by lautrepay »

Requires administrator privileges and version 2.0 is only for 7-Zip 32-Bit.

zak_711

#8 Post by zak_711 »

About portability you could test the MD5 where you know; I read something somewhere about a buggy of version 2.0; I don't know if it requires .NET installed; anyway if it was so you can create an .inf file for the icon pack you have selected or you could use this, which works with portable versions too:

http://fukayama-couple.deviantart.com/gallery/28859230

After swapping files ( or a single .dll ) remember to delete iconcache.db from User\Local Settings\App Data and reboot; I didn't follow the installation notes.

joby_toss

#9 Post by joby_toss »

lautrepay wrote:Requires administrator privileges and version 2.0 is only for 7-Zip 32-Bit.
I have version 2.0 and it works with my 7zip x64 on my Win7x64 OS.

the_watcher

#10 Post by the_watcher »

i was trying to get it work with portable 7zip , but i was not lucky [ i know it's not supported, but i had to try ]...
i noticed though, that the size of the executables in 7zip portable is different from those in the installed version.
why is that? 7 zip portable is [supposedly] normal 7zip packed with a launcher to handle all things about portability

ChemZ

#11 Post by ChemZ »

I remember trying to skin 7zip portable awhile ago, it is possible with a bit of work.

This program replaces the icons in one of the DLL files, 7z.dll, I think it was but don't quote me.

I simply replaced the same DLL from the installed version to the portable version.

Worked too. You could always uninstall the installed version if you don't need it.

lautrepay

#12 Post by lautrepay »

@zak_711: The need of administrator privileges was mentioned just to complete the "Dependencies" field. The developer ennumerates that requeriment in the F.A.Q. section. Personally, the lack of administrator rights doesn't affect myself, but maybe the information is useful for someone else.
Anyway, your explanation become useful to me, for other reasons...
@joby_toos: You're right. I was pretty sure that the support for 7-Zip 64 was added when they started to use Anolis Resourcer, if I'm not mistaken, due to the inability of Resource Hacker to have access to 64-bit exe's resources.
Perhaps they used the last beta of ResHacker in v.2.0. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, as I was wrong about the version... :oops:

SYSTEM

#13 Post by SYSTEM »

the_watcher wrote:i was trying to get it work with portable 7zip , but i was not lucky [ i know it's not supported, but i had to try ]...
i noticed though, that the size of the executables in 7zip portable is different from those in the installed version.
why is that? 7 zip portable is [supposedly] normal 7zip packed with a launcher to handle all things about portability
PortableApps.com compresses nearly all applications with PortableApps.com AppCompactor.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

ChemZ

#14 Post by ChemZ »

I think it was "7zFM.exe" actually...

the_watcher

#15 Post by the_watcher »

SYSTEM wrote:
the_watcher wrote:i was trying to get it work with portable 7zip , but i was not lucky [ i know it's not supported, but i had to try ]...
PortableApps.com compresses nearly all applications with [url=<a href="http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1472]PortableApps.com" title="Link added by AutoLink filter: Plain text link" class="autolink autolink-plain-text-link" style="border-bottom-color: rgba(34, 1, 0, 0); border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid">http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1472]PortableApps.com</a> AppCompactor[/url].
didn't know that...if that's the only difference, then it's great!
you can extract the files from the 7-zip setup, patch them using the theme manager, and copy them [7zFM.exe] to the portable one's directory!
whoo-hoo! :)