MadEdit v0.2.7 Beta has been released. ( http://madedit.sourceforge.net/
* ChangeLog: 2007/02/28
1.fixed that ISO-8859-7 charset doesn't available under Win32.
2.fixed that incorrectly handle Japanese halfwidth characters in Shift-JIS charset.
3.supported XIM Over-The-Spot feature under Linux/FreeBSD(wxGTK).
4.added options to set Date/Time format.
5.added a option to reload files previously open on startup.
6.added a option to restore previous caret position when files are opened.
7.fixed a crashing bug that incorrectly detect MAC/DOS new-line char on HTML/PHP files.
8.changed for showing CR, LF, CRLF and EOF in different marks.
* MadEdit can run under Linux and Win32 platforms.
* Edits files in Text, Column and Hex modes.
* In Hex-Mode, MadEdit can open large files which size is up to 32GB (INT_MAX*16).
* Users can change the encoding of files at runtime like Web-Browsers.
* Supports many encodings, e.g. Unicode(UTF-8, UTF-16/32 with Little or Big Endian), Big5, GBK and S-JIS etc.
* Supports Unicode CJK Ext-B.
* If users input a character that is not supported by current encoding, this character will be converted to U+XXXX. Unicode format.
* Regular Expression search & replace (by using Boost.Xpressive).
* Opens multiple files on single instance.
* MadEdit can view ASCII-Art files under Win32 platform.