PotPlayer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
gbrao

Re: PotPlayer

#16 Post by gbrao »

Updated Portable PotPlayer Generator to v3.00.
https://sites.google.com/site/gbrtools/ ... nformation

PortablePotPlayerGenerator_v300.zip (MD5=46DCB04AECFF9D0B0CB116824DBCDCC9)
- 2 Oct 2015.

- Portable PotPlayer Generator change log -
- Complete rewrite using Autoit.
- Better UI.
- Optionally, install Open Codecs.
- Install log displayed in right pane.

- Portable PotPlayer Shortcut Generator change log -
- Send-To shortcuts added.
- Shortcuts are first deleted (if user selects delete options and then new shortcuts are created).
- If using Windows XP, shortcuts are created to the PotPlayerMiniXP exe files.
- If not using Windows XP, shortcuts are created to the PotPlayerMini exe files

- PortableApps format change log -
- If using Windows XP, the PotPlayerMiniXP exe files are run.
- If not using Windows XP, the PotPlayerMini exe files are run.

Specular

#17 Post by Specular »

gbrao wrote:Updated Portable PotPlayer Generator to v3.00.
https://sites.google.com/site/gbrtools/ ... nformation

PortablePotPlayerGenerator_v300.zip (MD5=46DCB04AECFF9D0B0CB116824DBCDCC9)
- 2 Oct 2015.
Wasn't even aware of this. Nice to know it exists!

Also isn't Google Code shutting down, or is this project hosted somewhere else within Google?

gbrao

#18 Post by gbrao »

afaik, Google Sites will continue.

spicydog

#19 Post by spicydog »

Just downloaded Portable PotPlayer Generator v3.20 to take it for a spin... Thanks for the nice tip :D

Great to be back posting on TPFC after a long inactive period... And very nice to see old friends being frequently active on the forum as usual ;)

stisev

#20 Post by stisev »

This is the best video player I have found yet, but can anyone help clarify something? I am running 32bit of PotPlayer and have PotPlayerMini.ini appropriately in the folder, but I am still seeing registry usage of some peculiar keys:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAUM]
"GUID_POTPLAYER"="0F5FFA6B19CD46D98DDC02A51DBB866B"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAUM\PotPlayerMini]
"ServiceCount"=dword:00000000

There's nothing mentioned here other than Stealth "No" with no explanation: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index. ... 3#comments

Can anyone confirm or help?

joby_toss

#21 Post by joby_toss »

I confirm.

stisev

#22 Post by stisev »

Argh. Was hoping it was just me.

I hate it when software leaves useless crap like that in the registry and no way to get rid of it.
Given how awesome PotPlayer is (tried VLC, MPC-HC, zoomplayer, all of them) I guess I have to live with it.

Specular

#23 Post by Specular »

So does anyone know if a portable version will conflict with a regular install, in terms of whether the registry keys left by a portable (but non-stealth) install will change any settings from the regular install?

It's because of the ambiguous Stealth listing in the database entry that I'm unsure what keys are exactly affected, so I keep my other version sandboxed. However keeping it sandboxed has various issues/limitations so was hoping for some elucidation.

Edit: tested outside of sandbox and the original install seems to be okay. Exported the settings just in case. Also updated to the latest version for the portable install and the issues I had were fixed both inside and outside the sandbox so it seems fine atm.

lastaltoid

#24 Post by lastaltoid »

Portableapps.com has released its version of Potplayer (v1.7.8557). I have not tested it, but it should be portable and stealth like most of their other offerings.
https://portableapps.com/apps/music_vid ... r-portable
[quote
Features
PotPlayer provides the maximum performance with the minumum resource using DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync so you can get the best out of what you have. It supports various types of 3D glasses so you can get the 3D experience anytime you want using your 3DTV or PC with various output format (Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Page Flipping) supported. Text subtitles(SMI & SRT), DVD(Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc. are supported. Supports OpenCodec (see plugin) so users can easily add whatever codecs they want. Smooth, seamless video play. Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards. Preview the scene with snapshots. You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter. We support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay. Supports various devices such as DVD,TV,HDTV.][/quote]

Specular

#25 Post by Specular »

lastaltoid wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 pm Portableapps.com has released its version of Potplayer (v1.7.8557). I have not tested it, but it should be portable and stealth like most of their other offerings.
https://portableapps.com/apps/music_vid ... r-portable
I wasn't aware of this version, thanks! Doesn't appear in the database entry, either, may have to fix that. Wonder how long it's been there on their site.

JohnTHaller

#26 Post by JohnTHaller »

The PortableApps.com PAF of PotPlayer was just released though it was in testing for quite some time. It includes both the Windows XP and Vista+ versions and switches between them automatically depending on PC (only adds 208KB). It removes the registry keys on exit. And it adjusts the paths in your default playlist as the app moves paths. It's also got a plugin installer for OpenCodec to automatically download it, extract the files, and put them in the correct locations for PotPlayer Portable.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

Specular

#27 Post by Specular »

JohnTHaller wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 pmThe PortableApps.com PAF of PotPlayer was just released though it was in testing for quite some time. It removes the registry keys on exit.
Do you know if it takes into account whether the keys already exist in the registry from a regular install? Great to see a maintained PAF option :D

JohnTHaller

#28 Post by JohnTHaller »

Specular wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:41 pmDo you know if it takes into account whether the keys already exist in the registry from a regular install? Great to see a maintained PAF option :D
Yes, it backs up any existing keys within the registry and restores them on exit. This is a requirement for all our official releases.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

giulia

#29 Post by giulia »

hi
can i know if the PotPlayer Portable (from portableapps dot com) is stealth ?
thanks

lintalist

#30 Post by lintalist »

Not entirely favourable review on Ghacks today https://www.ghacks.net/2020/12/26/a-loo ... r-in-2020/ (don't use it, just saw the review)