Zork 1, 2, and 3

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Erind

Zork 1, 2, and 3

#1 Post by Erind »

Zork 1, 2, and 3 straight from infocom's website!

http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

Installation: Extract to directory of your choice, run .bat file.
Saves settings to: Application Directory

sproaticus

#2 Post by sproaticus »

Be careful - this isn't the official website, and Activision (the current owners of Infocom) has played ping-pong with the legal status of the Zork series - see Wikipedia and LiberatedGames.com and various other spots via Google.

Short version is, it's not clear whether the Zork series' status as freeware from the past applies today. Personally, I say "once free, always free", but then I'm not a lawyer and I couldn't even begin to argue that before a judge.

Erind

:(

#3 Post by Erind »

I stand corrected.... *sigh* and my hopes were high.

Babyscout19

THANK YOU!

#4 Post by Babyscout19 »

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :) MADE MY DAY!!! I have an old commodore 64 and it is so difficult to fire that up and do the controls of it, at least now I can practice on my laptop...

Napiophelios

Re: SCREW YOU!

#5 Post by Napiophelios »

Babyscout19 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA!!! :) MADE MY DAY!!! I have an old commodore 64 and it is so difficult to fire that up and do the controls of it, at least now I can practice on my laptop...
Holy Moses I hope you scan those before you download'em
they just sound suspect to me...and maybe even a little illegal :roll:
Babyscout19 wrote:Criminal penalties for first-time offenders can be as high as five years in prison and $250,000 in fines even if the offender didn't do it for monetary or financial commercial gain!!!!

Midas

Re: Zork 1, 2, and 3

#6 Post by Midas »

Loled... :D