Hidden Start - run batch files without showing command console (shareware)

Submit command line tools that you find here.
grannyGeek

Hidden Start - run batch files without showing command console (shareware)

#1 Post by grannyGeek »

http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/hstart.html

This is a command-line tool, and pretty handy if you don't want to see the console flashing while you run batch files. (And if you are paranoid to use a batch-to-exe converter, as those compiled exe's seem to raise a fair amount of AV alerts, which may be "false positives")

I'm using its parameters in hstart.exe shortcut LNK files to run some batch files, and it works quite well.
hstart.exe /NOCONSOLE /D=B:\scripts “B:\scripts\DropIt_WEB.bat” "B:\scripts\Dropit_vids.bat"

Hope somebody gets some good use from this little utility.

:D

guinness

Re: Hidden Start run batch files without showing command console

#2 Post by guinness »

Also NirCmd can also do the same as mentioned above, with also alot more functionality included in the EXE. :D

Code: Select all

NirCmd.exe exec hide “B:\scripts\DropIt_WEB.bat” 
NirCmd.exe exec hide  "B:\scripts\Dropit_vids.bat"
And it is NirSoft!

grannyGeek

Re: Hidden Start run batch files without showing command console

#3 Post by grannyGeek »

well, of course. Nir-stuff is truly wonderful, and it seems the man never stops.
(I have seen a few reports of AntiVirus false-positives on some NIR software, I guess because some malware writers use it to cause mischief and mayhem.)

But anyway, what makes HStart attractive to me is the ability to chain multiple batch files in a single command-line, I can't seem to do that with NirCmd -- but I may be doing something wrong.
I guess I could create a master batch file that calls other batch files, and use that master bat as parameter for NirCmd, but if all I need is the "hide" function, it's extra work, and I'm lazy.

HStart does have some other functions which I didn't investigate, as I don't need them at the moment. It can handle UAC elevation, set priority class, and some other functions as well.