streamWriter - Internet radio player/recorder

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: StreamWriter

#16 Post by webfork »

Wishlist:
  • Some understanding of the difference between recycling files and deleting them. You'd think "recycle" means it would go to the Recycle Bin but no. I have no idea.
  • Optional grouping of recordings by channel title, genre, etc. There's something sort of in place for this, but I'd like to see a little more available.
  • Ability to switch to a "mini" version with the most common/basic features (e.g. Play/Stop, Record, Volume, Mute, Station drop-down) ... you can work around this by using "play stream (external player)" and just use VLC or something similar.
  • Functionality with DI.FM premium (I keep having problems with this)
  • A "next" button" that basically tries to start the next station in the list but doesn't stop playing the current station until it's available. That way there is no silence in the transition between stations. If the next station is offline for any reason, the program will go to the following entry and so on until a good signal is found.

smaragdus

#17 Post by smaragdus »

streamWriter at version 5.4.0.0 (Build 723), changes:
streamWriter 5.4 arrived! The following stuff was done:
- Added French translations (thanks Europe12!)
- Added possibility to import manual wishlist titles into automatic wishlist titles
- Added function to convert manual wishlist titles to automatic ones
- Logfile records are prefixed with the current date
- Space key now focuses playing stream/saved song
- Fixed Tab order in some windows
- As always many other bugfixes

smaragdus

#18 Post by smaragdus »

streamWriter at version 5.4.0.1 (Build 730)- I could not find a change log in the latest version.

I am Baas

#19 Post by I am Baas »

smaragdus wrote:streamWriter at version 5.4.0.1 (Build 730)- I could not find a change log in the latest version.
Looks like a bug fix... https://streamwriter.org/en/forum/faden/post6340/#6340

SYSTEM

#20 Post by SYSTEM »

smaragdus wrote:streamWriter at version 5.4.0.1 (Build 730)- I could not find a change log in the latest version.
Thanks. Entry updated. :)
I am Baas wrote:Looks like a bug fix... https://streamwriter.org/en/forum/faden/post6340/#6340
I decided to clear the "What's New" field of the entry. I think we shouldn't try to construct changelogs on our own in the database side.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: posts about custom changelogs were given their own thread.]

giulia

Re: StreamWriter - Internet radio player/recorder

#22 Post by giulia »

Hi
could be checked this folder
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\streamWriter

under w7 there are these files , it doesn't look stealth

Code: Select all

addon_audiogenie\
addon_mp4box\
addon_sox\
addon_faac\
addon_lame\
addon_oggenc\
ssleay32.dll
libeay32.dll
bass_aac.dll
bass.dll

billon

#23 Post by billon »

Yes, it extracts all necessary libraries in system %TEMP% on launch and deletes them after termination.
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 am it doesn't look stealth
Don't think so.
If follow extreme pure "stealthiness" way, TPFC database would be absolutely empty

giulia

#24 Post by giulia »

billon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:40 am Yes, it extracts all necessary libraries in system %TEMP% on launch and deletes them after termination.
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 am it doesn't look stealth
Don't think so.
If follow extreme pure "stealthiness" way, TPFC database would be absolutely empty
hi
no it doesn't delete them when I exit from the program
and these files are even inside the folder of the portable main program , in the folder where i have streamwrite i have the same files

billon

#25 Post by billon »

giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am no it doesn't delete them when I exit from the program
You are right.
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am and these files are even inside the folder of the portable main program , in the folder where i have streamwrite i have the same files
Not for me, but maybe if you checked in settings some addons and post-processing tools, they are downloaded inside program folder?

giulia

#26 Post by giulia »

billon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 pm
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am no it doesn't delete them when I exit from the program
You are right.
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am and these files are even inside the folder of the portable main program , in the folder where i have streamwrite i have the same files
Not for me, but maybe if you checked in settings some addons and post-processing tools, they are downloaded inside program folder?
hi
yes the program download these files inside the portable folder
should be checked and changed not stealth
but this happen with the last version , the prev did not re-create these files in the temp folder
thanks

billon

#27 Post by billon »

giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:54 pm should be checked and changed not stealth
https://www.portablefreeware.com/faq.php#stealth wrote: What makes an application "stealth"?

Certain exceptions are permitted. For example, ... temp files created in the official "Temp" folders are not taken into consideration.

webfork

#28 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:54 pm yes the program download these files inside the portable folder
Thanks for pointing that out but billon is right: TPFC stealth rules (set by Andrew early in the site's history) make an exception for those TEMP folders. I've defined the scale of what's considered portable, but this is the middle of the scale for what's considered stealth.

giulia

#29 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 pm
giulia wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:54 pm yes the program download these files inside the portable folder
Thanks for pointing that out but billon is right: TPFC stealth rules (set by Andrew early in the site's history) make an exception for those TEMP folders. I've defined the scale of what's considered portable, but this is the middle of the scale for what's considered stealth.
hi
yes it 's -tempdir z:\temp for example
should be added in the frontpage
thanks

webfork

#30 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm yes it 's -tempdir z:\temp for example
should be added in the frontpage
What are you wanting to change?