Path Creator - rapidly create multiple folders

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
mudie

Path Creator - rapidly create multiple folders

#1 Post by mudie »

Category: Folders/Files / File Managers

Synopsis: Single executable app that makes it simple to create multiple folders rapidly. Create just one folder or many, layered as deep as you want.

Writes settings to: None?

How to extract: Download the ZIP file and extract to a folder of your choice.

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP

Download: http://gms.cyberrock.net/DownloadCenter?PathCreator

Size (539KB) uncompressed

Steve

dot

#2 Post by dot »

Hmmm.... who would need to create empty folders and paths so often that he'd need a program to do it for him? Beats me. Can't imagine any scenario. They also got a program at the cyberrock homepage that seems to be able to do exactly the opposite: deletes all files from folders, leaving the folder structure back. Well, I can vaguely think of a scenario where this might, sometimes, possibly, perhaps, maybe, be needed ....but only very, very vaguely. ;-)

mudie

#3 Post by mudie »

Okay, I'll admit that the need might be only once in a great while, but when the need arises then it's great to have an app to do it for you quickly.

As for an example? Okay, let's suppose you finally decided to organize a pile of digital photos that you would like to break down into various categories such as Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, etc. So you use PathCreator to rapidly create a nice organized folder structure that you can then copy/move the photos/files you'd like into their specific folder quickly.

Yes, you can do the same thing from within a photo application but this does it all at once as opposed to stopping each time and telling the program you are using, Okay creat folder X, then moving on and being prompted to create folder Y and so forth.

Digital folders are only one example. Sometimes it could simply be files of any particular type that you would like sorted by date perhaps.

For example:

c:\Archived files\Work project X\2005\January
c:\Archived files\Work project X\2005\February
c:\Archived files\Work project X\2005\March
etc.

In any case not every application presented on this site is a must-have-use-all-the-time utility but I simply offered it up because it works well and I have found it useful in the past.

Just my 2 cents.

:?

Steve

dot

#4 Post by dot »

It's probably fun to use the program. I think I'll play with it a bit and see what it can do. But I know also, should the need for what it can do arise, I'll probably have forgotten everything about it and created the folders manually, in a short time. LOL