DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
bifidusse

Re: DropIt

#1426 Post by bifidusse »

Hello,

I just discovered DropIt. It looks great, especially the monitoring feature I'm impatient to test !

For now, I installed it having one idea in mind : sort my music.

At this time, my music is stored in one folder. All the files are in this folder. This is a huge mess. I began ripping my cd's thinking "I'll sort this quickly". No kidding :?

My goal is to put all files from one album in a folder whose name is the album name.

I tried to use modifiers, to no avail.

Unfortunately, my file names are :

Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 01 - title of the year.mpc
Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 02 - Johnny C bad.mpc
Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 03 - top10 song.mpc

I succeeded to put files in a folder "Bestartistindaworld " but I was unable to create a folder named "Bestartistindaworld - so great album".

I don't know how to use modifiers for dropit to fetch all characters from the beginning to the second " - " (just before track number)
I even tried regex values like \d without luck. Unfortunately, the only "reliable" variable in my filenames is the track number. Everything else has variable lengths.

I tried to move files using tags associations, but it didn't work ("unknown album"). Maybe because my files are using APE tag ? That said, I also have files without tags...

Currently I'm using file2folder, but it's semi-automatic.

Thanks for any help :-))

bifidusse

#1427 Post by bifidusse »

Hello,

I just discovered DropIt. It looks great, especially the monitoring feature I'm impatient to test !

For now, I installed it having one idea in mind : sort my music.

At this time, my music is stored in one folder. All the files are in this folder. This is a huge mess. I began ripping my cd's thinking "I'll sort this quickly". No kidding :?

My goal is to put all files from one album in a folder whose name is the album name.

I tried to use modifiers, to no avail.

Unfortunately, my file names are :

Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 01 - title of the year.mpc

I succeeded to put files in a folder "Bestartistindaworld " but I was unable to create a folder named "Bestartistindaworld - so great album".

I don't know how to use modifiers for dropit to fetch all characters from the beginning to the second " - " (just before track number)
I even tried regex values like \d without luck. Unfortunately, the only "reliable" variable in my filenames is the track number. Everything else has variable lengths.

I tried to move files using tags associations, but it didn't work ("unknown album"). Maybe because my files are using APE tag ? That said, I also have files without tags...

Currently I'm using file2folder, but it's semi-automatic.

Thanks for any help :-))

divinity666

#1428 Post by divinity666 »

@calamarz:

Hi
calamarz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:25 am However, I have a question is it possible to play with the filename to say for example if I find the number 602356 in my file name then I copy the file in one under 602356 folder but this via a file txt or csv containing the different accounts for the others they would be copied into a global subfolder.
Why not create two associations:

1) With a rule definition

Code: Select all

Consider as Regular Expression
and your 50 file account numbers.
2) For your other global sort rule definition. (You here might use the "#" in the rules definition, so that DropIt does not always ask you, which rule shall be used).

That should be it.

Give it a try.

Best regards
Last edited by divinity666 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

divinity666

#1429 Post by divinity666 »

@Hitman, @Topazy

Is the issue on running under Win 10 persisting? I am running Win 10 Home 64bit without issues. Maybe some update issue (had this earlier also with commercial products).

Otherwise you might try to install DropIt again (remove also configuration files).

Hope this helps...

divinity666

#1430 Post by divinity666 »

@vklaffehn
vklaffehn wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm this regex

(This).*(a)
gives 'This' in FileContentMatch1 and 'a' in FileContentMatch2.

but after adding a newline behind 'a' this

(This)((.|\n)*)(test)
or 
(This).*\n*.*(test)
does not work anymore, even it IS working on regex101.com
What am I doing wrong?
Regarding RegEx, I ALWAYS tend to point to the documentation: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/do ... RegExp.htm

In your concerns it's quite easy. Try the following regex:

(?s)(This).*(test)
This should be it.

Best regards

divinity666

#1431 Post by divinity666 »

@officeworks
officeworks wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:40 am I would like to monitor a folder and send the files from that folder as email. During that process, the TO-address would be %FileName%@myfax.xxx
Somehow, that does not work. Are the variable forbidden in mail addresses?
You are right. At the moment the variables are not supported in the mail feature. We should definitely support it in one of the next versions. I will add it as a feature request.

Best regards

divinity666

#1432 Post by divinity666 »

@bifidusse
bifidusse wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 pm Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 01 - title of the year.mpc

That's not too hard to arrange. You should simply define your destination appropriately with the "regex" modifier. You can get the folder simply by doing the following:

%FileName#regex( - \d\d - .*,)%
This simply removes everything else than the folder name. That should make it easy for your use.

Best regards

bifidusse

#1433 Post by bifidusse »

divinity666 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:46 pm @bifidusse
bifidusse wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 pm Bestartistindaworld - so great album - 01 - title of the year.mpc

That's not too hard to arrange. You should simply define your destination appropriately with the "regex" modifier. You can get the folder simply by doing the following:

%FileName#regex( - \d\d - .*,)%
This simply removes everything else than the folder name. That should make it easy for your use.

Best regards
THANK YOU so much !

This also works when I select files with different filenames. This is awesome :D

mgerity

#1434 Post by mgerity »

Hello. I am trying to get DropIt to recognize two more date formats: MM/DD/YYYY and MM/DD/YY. These date formats are used on dozens and dozens of my documents, probably more than any other format.

I added

|%DAY% *\/ *%MONTH_NUMERIC% *\/ *%YEAR%

to the end of the settings.ini file, which DID work to get it to recognize MM/DD/YYYY, but it did NOT work to get it to recognize MM/DD/YY. I tried changing the year portion of my entry to

*%YEAR_LONG% and
*%YEAR_SHORT%

but neither approach worked. Any idea how to get it to recognize the two digit year as well?

My other question is about the normalized date format. I would prefer to have the normalized date presented as YYYY-MM-DD, with the dashes, but I cannot find any way to edit the normalized date presentation.

divinity666

#1435 Post by divinity666 »

@mgerity

Welcome!

Having a first look on your question, that seems to be quite easy :D
mgerity wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:31 am I am trying to get DropIt to recognize two more date formats: MM/DD/YYYY and MM/DD/YY.
I added
|%DAY% *\/ *%MONTH_NUMERIC% *\/ *%YEAR%
I tried that with the example 05/20/18, and could not get it to work. Having had a closer look, I recognized the point. Simply try the following instead:

|%MONTH_NUMERIC% *\/ *%DAY% *\/ *%YEAR%
This should be it. If you would only like to recognize two digit years, try the "%YEAR_SHORT%" variable.
mgerity wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:31 am My other question is about the normalized date format. I would prefer to have the normalized date presented as YYYY-MM-DD, with the dashes, but I cannot find any way to edit the normalized date presentation.
Another easy one, though not obvious: The reason for having the normalized date in DropIt, is that you have a standard date representation, which can simply be modified to look like any other normalized date format. This can simply be done by applying modifiers, see http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... reviations

So fulfilling your request would e.g. look like:

%FirstFileContentDateNormalized#>1,4%-%FirstFileContentDateNormalized#d>4#d<2%-%FirstFileContentDateNormalized#d>6%
Best regards

thebrieze

#1436 Post by thebrieze »

Hi,

Love the FileContent Date feature. I added strings for the American date formats (MM/DD/YY, MM-DD-YYYY) and it works well.

Is there any way to convert the month to MonthLiteral in the output for %FirstFileContentDateNormalized%? I would like my output filename to be in the format "<OriginalFileName> - <MMM><YYYY>.<OriginalFileExtension>"
Also is there a way to suppress the "unknown file content" substitution, if the date cannot be detected? When extracting characters from the FirstFileContentDateNormalized variable, it creates some very weird looking file names, if it cannot find a date.

divinity666

#1437 Post by divinity666 »

@thebrieze
thebrieze wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am Is there any way to convert the month to MonthLiteral in the output for %FirstFileContentDateNormalized%? I would like my output filename to be in the format "<OriginalFileName> - <MMM><YYYY>.<OriginalFileExtension>"
Also is there a way to suppress the "unknown file content" substitution, if the date cannot be detected? When extracting characters from the FirstFileContentDateNormalized variable, it creates some very weird looking file names, if it cannot find a date.
Sure there is. You have to use the modifiers (I feel like repeating myself a lot during the last days...): http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... reviations

First cut out the month of the normalized date (look at my former answer to mgerity for information how) and then use the "rename" modifier to replace the number with a string literal of your choice. You can simply chain the rename modifiers for every month and thereby get your wanted result.
Same applies to the unknown file content.

Best

Aegidius

#1438 Post by Aegidius »

Hi
I'm new to Dropit and I'm experiencing some problems moving or renaming files to a different location.
Specifically, DropIt correctly identifies a file I want to move, and correctly constructs the desired destination, but DropIt reports that the operation failed, with no further information. Here's an (edited) extract from the Logfile:
018-04-08 15:14:31
===== DropIt Started =====
2018-04-08 15:15:02 Total Size Loaded: 46.2 KB
2018-04-08 15:15:06 Loaded: D:\User\OneDrive\ProcessedScans\20170630_invoice.pdf
2018-04-08 15:15:06 Failed: D:\User\OneDrive\ProcessedScans\20170630_invoice.pdf
2018-04-08 15:15:06 Renamed: D:\User\OneDrive\FiledScans\CompanyX\CompanyX_20170630_invoice.pdf
2018-04-08 15:15:19 ===== DropIt Closed =====
I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Version 1709.
I've tried installing DropIt as admin, but it still fails. I'm running V8.5.1 of DropIt.
I've reinstalling, installing as Admin, running as Admin and I've checked permissions and different folder locations, all without any luck.
The same problem occurs with similar file operations such as copy.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Swart7

#1439 Post by Swart7 »

Hi,

Thanks for developing and maintaining such a helpful tool! It has saved me a large chunk of time and will continue to do so.

I would like to know if it is possible to copy (or move) folders based on the amount of files they contain? E.g. I have: Folder 1 (2 Files), Folder 2 (5 Files), Folder 3 (1 File). Files 1 and 2 need to be moved to another location, because they contain more than one file. File 3 needs to remain where it is, because it only contains 1 file.

Is it possible to define a rule or regular expression to help with this?

Best regards

vklaffehn

#1440 Post by vklaffehn »

divinity666 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:31 pm
Regarding RegEx, I ALWAYS tend to point to the documentation: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/do ... RegExp.htm

In your concerns it's quite easy. Try the following regex:

(?s)(This).*(test)
This should be it.

Best regards

Hi! I already looked there but I just missed that (?s) thing :-) Why are there so many different RegEx-dialects out there...... Thanks for the Info!!!

regards,

Volker