DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Bernd

%FileContentMatch1%

#1411 Post by Bernd »

Hi,
I just installed DropIt and I love it. DropIt is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any documentation for the %FileContentMatch1% parameter? I don't understand how it works.
Thanks
Bernd

KilliK

Re: DropIt

#1412 Post by KilliK »

Hello.
Thank you for this great program.
I have one question: Does it support files/folders with unicode names?
I noticed that it doesnt sort at all filenames which include Greek or Japanese characters. It works as intended when no such characters exist in the filenames.
If it doesnt have unicode support, will it be implemented in the upcoming new version?
thank you.

divinity666

Re: %FileContentMatch1%

#1413 Post by divinity666 »

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your interest in DropIt.
Bernd wrote:Is there any documentation for the %FileContentMatch1% parameter? I don't understand how it works.
I am not sure if Lupo wrote something detailed in the documentation. I found just the hint there: http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... stinations

Anyway: The functionality is as following: You configure a additional filter for an association with the "File Content" configuration. If you are e.g. using the "Literal string" option and that matches to the file, you will get the match returned in the variable %FileContentMatch1%. If you are using more complex things like the "Regular expression" option, you are able to use return addition matches by configuring the regular expression with backreferences (= braces in the expression).

For further information about regular expressions see https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/do ... RegExp.htm

Hope this helps.

divinity666

#1414 Post by divinity666 »

Hi KilliK,

basically DropIt should support unicode already. Could you give us some examples, which files are not working, so that we are able to test it?

You may also feel free to directly post it to our bugs section: https://sourceforge.net/p/dropit/bugs/

Best regards

Shawnny Canuck

#1415 Post by Shawnny Canuck »

Hello,

I have a question related to the new immediate on-change option added in version 8.5. I am monitoring a folder that contains a large amount of subfolders that are anchored in place by the “+” symbol. When I have completed work on the folder I remove the “+” symbol and the folder moves to the destination I have selected. Under the time interval setting (I have it set to scan every 15 mins) this works as intended but I cannot get it to work under the immediate on-change option. By selecting this option would my folder not move as soon as I remove the “+” symbol? Maybe I am misunderstanding the use of this option? My rules are quite simple **/**+** Thanks in advance for creating and maintaining such an amazing tool and for any assistance you can provide.

Tomek

#1416 Post by Tomek »

DropIt is great! It's so usefull for me :) I have a question though. If You can't understand what I'm saying then I'm really sorry. English is not my native language.
I have large number of JPG files. All are named this way :

2_34_0_0_123_0001.jpg
2_34_0_0_123_0002.jpg
2_34_0_0_123_000n.jpg

2_34_0_0_1.3_0001.jpg
2_34_0_0_1.3_0002.jpg
2_34_0_0_1.3_000n.jpg

35_322_0_0_1.1_0001.jpg
35_322_0_0_1.1_0002.jpg
35_322_0_0_1.1_000n.jpg

Segments of the filename separated with "_" characters can have from 1 to N characters. What I need to do is to extract each segment of file name, create folder with proper name and move files there so for example:

I have all this files in one folder:
2_34_0_0_123_0001.jpg
2_34_0_0_123_0002.jpg
2_34_0_0_123_000n.jpg

35_322_0_0_1.1_0001.jpg
35_322_0_0_1.1_0002.jpg
35_322_0_0_1.1_000n.jpg

I take the first segment and create folder with the name of that segment so I have this:
C:\2\
Then I take next segment and create folder with the name of that segment in folder I created befor so I have sth like this:
C:\2\34
Then I take next segment and create folder with the name of that segment in folder I created befor so I have sth like this:
C:\2\34\0
C:\2\34\0\0
C:\2\34\0\0\123\
Then I move files there.

So what I want is to move files to proper folders regarding name of the file. How can I extract those segments when I don't know how many characters segment have?
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (2.15 KiB) Viewed 75109 times

divinity666

#1417 Post by divinity666 »

@Shawnny Canuck:

Thanks for using DropIt. Please note, that the current version of DropIt has some issues regarding immediate monitoring. We are already working on it and are providing a update very soon.

Best regards

divinity666

#1418 Post by divinity666 »

@Tomek:
Thanks for using DropIt.

Your request can easily be realized. Therefore customizing the abbreviations is needed (see http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... reviations). Especially the somewhat new "regex" customization is very powerful.

Basically you want everything except underscores to match for a level. First level so looks like:

Code: Select all

%FileName#regex(([^_]+)_.*,\1)%
For second level you then want to skip the first part with anything and ending with a underscore. So second level looks like

%FileName#regex(([^_]+_){1}([^_]+).*,\2)%
In your case the destination rule looks like this:

%FileName#regex(([^_]+)_.*,\1)%\%FileName#regex(([^_]+_){1}([^_]+).*,\2)%\%FileName#regex(([^_]+_){2}([^_]+).*,\2)%\%FileName#regex(([^_]+_){3}([^_]+).*,\2)%\%FileName#regex(([^_]+_){4}([^_]+).*,\2)%\%FileNameExt%
Put the last one as configuration of your destination filename and set the action to Rename. Everything should work fine.

Best regards
8)

Shawnny Canuck

#1419 Post by Shawnny Canuck »

Thanks Divinity for the reply. I will wait patiently for the next release :)

calamarz

#1420 Post by calamarz »

Hello,

Thank you for this great software that truly adaptable wish!

However, I have a question is it possible to play with the filename to say for example if I find the number 602356 in my file name then I copy the file in one under 602356 folder but this via a file txt or csv containing the different accounts for the others they would be copied into a global subfolder.

Indeed in my case I have a list of specific number to be modified and I do not wish to make the 50 rules for the accounts but just a file containing these.

Thank you

Topazy

#1421 Post by Topazy »

Who has a problem with the latest version?
I can not run the program,after the last update!
There are solutions?
Win 10 pro.
Thanks in advance.

vklaffehn

#1422 Post by vklaffehn »

Hi! I'm fighting with that RegEx-Rule. I just cant get it to work as I want. I have OCR'ed PDF documents and want to use FileContentMatch-variables in the filename.
For Example I have a PDF wich always has the string 'Certificate' on top, and, after some other text, the title of the certificate after the string "Name:". So using

Certificate|Name:
or

(certificate)(Name:)
gives a match, but only

%FileContentMatch1%
gives a proper result,

%FileContentMatch2%
is something like 'unknown variable/abbreviation'. Has anyone a simple example how to use the regex rule with grouped results? Thanks!!!

Hitman

#1423 Post by Hitman »

Topazy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:10 am Who has a problem with the latest version?
I can not run the program,after the last update!
There are solutions?
Win 10 pro.
Thanks in advance.
Same here. I can see it running in the task manager, but the icon is missing in the taskbar and there's also no floating icon. It also doesn't work in the background (eg. no files are moved).

vklaffehn

#1424 Post by vklaffehn »

vklaffehn wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:34 am Hi! I'm fighting with that RegEx-Rule. I just cant get it to work as I want. I have OCR'ed PDF documents and want to use FileContentMatch-variables in the filename.
For Example I have a PDF wich always has the string 'Certificate' on top, and, after some other text, the title of the certificate after the string "Name:". So using

Certificate|Name:
or

(certificate)(Name:)
gives a match, but only

%FileContentMatch1%
gives a proper result,

%FileContentMatch2%
is something like 'unknown variable/abbreviation'. Has anyone a simple example how to use the regex rule with grouped results? Thanks!!!
Ok, got something working. It works when you have exactly one match with multiple groups, for example this text :

This is a simple test
and this regex

(This) (is)
gives 'This' in FileContentMatch1 and 'is' in FileContentMatch2.

this regex

(This).*(a)
gives 'This' in FileContentMatch1 and 'a' in FileContentMatch2.

but after adding a newline behind 'a' this

(This)((.|\n)*)(test)
or 
(This).*\n*.*(test)
does not work anymore, even it IS working on regex101.com

What am I doing wrong?

officeworks

#1425 Post by officeworks »

Thanks for the great software.

I would like to monitor a folder and send the files from that folder as email. During that process, the TO-address would be %FileName%@myfax.xxx

Somehow, that does not work. Are the variable forbidden in mail addresses?

Is there a log where I can find the reason for the failure?