PicPick - screen capture and other graphics tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: PicPick Tools

#16 Post by joby_toss »

I use 3 softwares for screen captures:
1. ScreenshotCaptor (Thank you Mouser!) - I love it because it is complete (this also makes it a bit "heavy");
2. PicPick - very fast but the scrolling window capture is failing half the times;
3. FSCapture (more and more rarely) - the scrolling window capture is working flawlessly.

Lupo73

#17 Post by Lupo73 »

Seems that in the 2.0 version will be removed scrolling feature, isn't it?

joby_toss

#18 Post by joby_toss »

Lupo73 wrote:Seems that in the 2.0 version will be removed scrolling feature, isn't it?
What makes you say that?
I can still see "Capture Window Control" option in version 2.0 preview shots.

Lupo73

#19 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes sorry, what I saw that seems to be removed is the Capture WebPage feature. But obviously it is only an opinion seen the screenshot.

spikeinin

Re: PicPick 1.8.0.5 Screen Capture tool and more

#20 Post by spikeinin »

Just download the .zip book and abstract picpick.exe the .ini file, and optionally the accent file. The aboriginal time you run, it will ask for settings, including the language. It will absence to English if no accent book exists or is chosen.

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

Yucca wrote:Yes, my problem was that I almost always need the Capture Window Control option for capturing, because I need it to scroll to capture the full window.
Just wanted to follow up on this thread: PicPick now does a scrolling capture. Unfortunately, neither program can do a horizontal capture. Admittedly this is a rarely needed feature. Anyone know of a capture program that can? Even non-portable?

joby_toss

#22 Post by joby_toss »

webfork wrote:Anyone know of a capture program that can? Even non-portable?
FSCapture and SnagIt (latest versions) both claim they can do it, but I had no success with any of them (I also used my giveaway SnagIt 7). I used websites found here http://naldzgraphics.net/inspirations/4 ... -websites/ in FF and Opera.

serinacathos

#23 Post by serinacathos »

I think Snag it is the best screen capturing app.
is there a free portable version for it?

webfork

Re: PicPick - screen capture and other graphics tools

#24 Post by webfork »

Is anyone on the site an active PicPick user? Are they serving ads with the freeware for personal use version? This page seems to suggest it's adware now: https://picpick.app/en/download

portablefree

#25 Post by portablefree »

>>> " Are they serving ads? "
Not to my knowledge, I use it regularly (at least once a week), and my girlfriend use it nearly every day and we don't see any ads (Win 8.1 and Win 10, Portable Apps version).
We only have a small "nag-screen" asking to buy / pay for the software when we do a lot of consecutive captures, but you can ignore it (clic Cancel or equivalent on the pop up), it continues to work perfectly, no need to restart a new session, you can carry on with your work.

believer

#26 Post by believer »

Just want to alert that PicPick downloads page itself offers a portable version:

https://picpick.app/en/download/portable

Direct link to file at the time of my download:
https://www.picpick.org/releases/5.1.4/ ... rtable.zip

I'm going to try it out.

EDIT:

I ran it on Windows XP confirming their claim to support it.

Unfortunately, I didnt do any analysis.

One thing, it does bind hot-keys to itself (eg, PrintScreen) which I think is a registry edit.

Midas

#27 Post by Midas »

Topic update: PicPick v5.1.4 released 2021-01-18 (partial chagelog only? See below).

v5.1.4 (2021-01-18)
  • Fixed occasional freezing on Windows 10
  • Language updates

(Non-official changelog from v3.1.5 up to v5.0.3 found at biblprog.com/en/picpick/historychanges/)

Also, note that PicPick database entry (https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1496) mentions that it isn't stealth: "Leaves picpick in APPDATA, Cloud Explorer in LOCALAPPDATA, and picpick in ALLUSERSAPPDATA" and points to the PortableApps.com alternative (portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/picpick-portable).