.flv to DVD

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
USBs Unite

.flv to DVD

#1 Post by USBs Unite »

Hi,
I was wondering if there were any portable apps that could take .flv files and convert them to DVD, so that they could be watched on a regular tv with a regular DVD player? I have DVDFlick installed but was wondering if there was something portable. As always, thank you for your responses.

appsuser

#2 Post by appsuser »

I don't know of any portable freeware to directly do this, but you can always do it slightly indirectly by converting the FLV file to AVI or MPG using a video converter and then using DVDStyler Portable.

Edit: The documentation for DVDStyler uses "etc." pretty liberally when mentioning input formats, the transcoder may support FLV files directly, haven't tried it yet.

USBs Unite

Does DVDStyler

#3 Post by USBs Unite »

Does DVDStyler create DVDs from avi or mpg files like DVDFlick?

Zach Thibeau

#4 Post by Zach Thibeau »

appsuser wrote:I don't know of any portable freeware to directly do this, but you can always do it slightly indirectly by converting the FLV file to AVI or MPG using a video converter and then using DVDStyler Portable.

Edit: The documentation for DVDStyler uses "etc." pretty liberally when mentioning input formats, the transcoder may support FLV files directly, haven't tried it yet.
Well I can speak with the developer of DVDStyler and see if it is possible. I try to keep in contact with him as I work on the release of DVDStylerPortable