Monitor test tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Baas

Monitor test tools

#1 Post by Baas »

I noticed there's not a single entry in the db for monitor test / pixel test tools... so here we go (All Freeware):

1. TFT Test
Info
Compact program for fully testing and configuring your TFT monitor.
  • Base color test
    Interference and video noise test
    Grayscale test
    RGB test
Screenshot
Download (30kb)

2. IsMyLcdOK
Info
IsMyLcdOK is a small program but effective solution to easily check for dead/paralysed/stuck pixels on LCD monitors.
Screenshot
Download (8kb)

3. Dead pixel tester (was suggested before :oops: )
Info
Dead Pixel Tester shows different colours accross multiple monitors to allow you to check for dead and stuck pixels (manually!)
Screenshot and another one.
Download (220kb)

4. CheckeMON
Info
This program runs a series of specific tests. Brief explanation for each test is included. Supports both LCD and CRT monitors.
Screenshot
Download (196kb)

5. Monitor Tester
Info (scroll down the page)
This program will guide you in setting the parameters, controls and adjustments of the monitor and will guide you on how to measure picture quality.

You can test and adjust:
  • Geometry
    Picture size and position
    Convergence
    White balance
    Brightness and Contrast
    Focus
    Colour purity
    Moiré
Screenshot
Download (295kb)

6. EIZO Monitortest
Info
EIZO Monitortest is a utility, which allows to thoroughly test and adjust your monitor. It includes 24 tests (basic colors, moire, geometry, convergence, speed, sharpness, etc.). Each test is provided with a short description. EIZO Monitortest has a friendly and stylish interface, which supports the following languages: English, German and Czech.
Download

7. Nokia Monitor Test
I downloaded it from http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/testsoft ... _test.html but you could just google to find alternative locations. This is an excellent tool.

8. Pixel Persistance Analyzer
Same as above. Visit http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/testsoft ... peran.html for details. Again, a great little LCD testing tool. It includes a flicker test, readability test, gamma correction feature, scrolling game, etc.

9. Dead Pixel Buddy (was suggested before :oops: )
Info
This is a dead pixel test program. It allows you to easily test your LCD screen for dead pixels.
Screenshot
Download (26kb)
Last edited by Baas on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kosher-X

#2 Post by Kosher-X »

Pretty impressive collection of monitor testing tools, what more can I say? :shock:

I use ismylcdok already, gotta test the others. Thanks for the info.

Kosher-X

Re: Monitor test tools

#3 Post by Kosher-X »

Baas wrote:7. Nokia Monitor Test
I downloaded it from http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/testsoft ... _test.html but you could just google to find alternative locations. This is an excellent tool.

8. Pixel Persistance Analyzer
Same as above. Visit http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/testsoft ... _test.html for details. Again, a great little LCD testing tool. It includes a flicker test, readability test, gamma correction feature, scrolling game, etc.
BTW, These two apps are exactly the same?

Baas

#4 Post by Baas »

Thanks Kosher-X. Link for Pixel Persistance Analyzer fixed.

garbanzo

#5 Post by garbanzo »

maybe i'm missing something, but how do apps like these help? i know i have two bad pixels on my screen, i can see them plain as day when i watch movies. if i want to further depress myself with that sad fact, i can easily fill my screen with black or white to see them.

now what?

Queue

#6 Post by Queue »

Well, some of the utilities (1?) also display shades of gray to help you adjust your brightness and contrast.

I think they're just meant to be quick diagnostic tools to help you spot dead pixels accurately and quickly and not necessarily on a display you're familiar with. As for what good it does knowing about the dead pixels... maybe some people like being sad? =D

Queue

donald

maybe the reason

#7 Post by donald »

maybe the reason

is for testing a new computer or monitor

either before you buy or before warranty/ return policy expire

JohnW

#8 Post by JohnW »

I have come across at least one of these type of programs which claims that in some circumstances it can CURE dead pixels.
That would certainly be a good reason to at least try such a program.

Baas

#9 Post by Baas »

JohnW wrote:I have come across at least one of these type of programs which claims that in some circumstances it can CURE dead pixels.
That would certainly be a good reason to at least try such a program.
1. Check out UDPixel (Undead Pixel)
This program helps to locate and fix LCD screens dead pixels.
It requires .NET installed. That's why it's not included in the above list.

2. How to Fix a Stuck Pixel on an LCD Monitor - a WikiHow article. There are a few links to pixel fixing tools at the bottom of the page.

guinness

#10 Post by guinness »

Tested IsMyLcdOK: Portable
Download: http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/IsMyLcdOK

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

Added IsMyLcdOK To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1932
Vote Now!

vmars316

#12 Post by vmars316 »

I was expecting a tally/report of faulty pixels .
But no report , just a colored screen for user to visually scan for faulty pixels.
Not at all useful for me.