Saying so long

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Kranor

#16 Post by Kranor »

I do understand that Redllar has no interest in coming back here,(considering the shoddy treatment of him I agree with redllar) but I was wondering that if anyone who can get in contact with him can find out the state of play on JauntePE ver 3 (I have several apps that i am aching to try v3 on!!) also if somebody can get in contact with him would he mind having someone act as a front for him on TPFC for instance keeping us updated and filtering out all the crap that Redllar has no need to hear? I do remember Redllar saying that he would make V3 available to those who supported the testing and development of the other versions so either I've been forgotten or nothing is yet released. And just in case you do read this redllar......how are ya fella? ps my usb drive is now a haller free zone!!!!

Zach Thibeau

Hey

#17 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Don't be blaming that crap on me, If he PM'd in the first place instead of hauling it out in public and acting like a 3 yr old this would not of happened and actually I deleted the thread and pm'd him that it wouldn't happen again but you know what, that 3 yr old attitude showed up again and the message he left proved it, now I do admit that what I did was not right either but that doesn't mean you have to blame it all on me, I learned my lesson so SHUTUP ABOUT THE SUBJECT IT ENDED, THE END, CAPICHE

Simon.T

#18 Post by Simon.T »

Just only one more thing!

See this post.
AlephX censored (...) the last line of my post without any advance notice about it

And I'm NOT acting like this 3 yo baby redllar
To: Simon.T
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:55 am
Subject: info...

Hi Simon!

I have "censored" a statement addressed to XG-42...

Even if all the few post by XG-42 are barely "legal" (so, I would agree...), I would like that TPFC remains a serene place...
If I hurted your sensibilty with this censorship, I apologize.

I also copied your very very interesting post into the Portable Firefox comments (with your name), as they can be very useful for the users.

If this action is not acceptable, I will ask Andrew to delete the comment I posted for you.

Thanks for your contributions. I guess that you are an expert!
Bye
AlephX

thibeaz FTW. and if you got a problem with it... SHUT THE FUCK UP :!:

Simon.T

#19 Post by Simon.T »

When AlephX sent this PM, I was really concerned, I sent to him a reply and his reply was this:
To: Simon.T
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:41 am
Subject: Re: info... Quote message

i must run
no no, i agree with your words (...), but i would not like if it starts a little war... Smile
dont worry. your posts are ok

Last edited by Simon.T on Tue May 27, 2008 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zach Thibeau

#20 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Simon.T wrote: And I'm NOT acting like this 3 yo baby redllar
I didn't say you where or anybody just redllar himself
thibeaz FTW. and if you got a problem with it... SHUT THE FUCK UP :!:
My problem is people blaming it all on me when it takes 2 people so Redllar is also partly to blame and I am tired of it
Last edited by Zach Thibeau on Tue May 27, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simon.T

#21 Post by Simon.T »

Agreed!

sproaticus

Re: Hey

#22 Post by sproaticus »

thibeaz wrote:Don't be blaming that crap on me, If he PM'd in the first place instead of hauling it out in public and acting like a 3 yr old this would not of happened and actually I deleted the thread and pm'd him that it wouldn't happen again but you know what, that 3 yr old attitude showed up again and the message he left proved it, now I do admit that what I did was not right either but that doesn't mean you have to blame it all on me, I learned my lesson so SHUTUP ABOUT THE SUBJECT IT ENDED, THE END, CAPICHE
Holy crap. Play the victim much?

I know I've been out of the loop for a while, and I don't particularly have a dog in this fight (though I usually root for the guy who writes code over the guy who merely talks about it), but...

Andrew was right to yank your mod privileges. I hope no one makes you a forum mod again. Not until your abysmal maturity level cranks upward more than a few notches.

If this is the direction this forum is heading, then count me in as another one saying so long.

Zach Thibeau

#23 Post by Zach Thibeau »

If you only knew how he reacted you'd change your opinion as you are getting only one side of it.

rokth

#24 Post by rokth »

I agree with the poster before thibeaz
Zach Thibeau wrote: I learned my lesson so SHUTUP ABOUT THE SUBJECT IT ENDED, THE END, CAPICHE
You did not learn your lesson, and your recent posts prove that. Maybe if you had PM'd redllar first(we can play that card too) instead of posting first. You abused your post, and you play like it isn't your fault. And even worse, you act like you can still tell people what to do. You got demoted for a reason, and you'll stay demoted until you understand why.

But I could be wrong, the "for now" basis could really be permanent.
If you only knew how he reacted you'd change your opinion as you are getting only one side of it.
You're right, we're getting your side of it. And it still stinks.
Last edited by rokth on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zach Thibeau

#25 Post by Zach Thibeau »

All i can say at the moment is "Andrew close this thread before it gets out of control and I'll take my leave until things cool over"

Cornflower

#26 Post by Cornflower »

[quote="thibeaz"]All i can say at the moment is "Andrew close this thread before it gets out of control and I'll take my leave until things cool over"[/quote]

Agreed. I too get perturbed by name calling and blame-throwing. I'm going to find a portable freeware to submit just so we lurkers have something else to look at.

Bye to this forum for now.

Kranor

#27 Post by Kranor »

I do apologise for having stirred the pot. And I realise that I should have given more context to the remark about shoddy treatment. The disagreement between redllar and thibeaz is just the tip of the iceberg of what has happened in the past. He has been bashed by people for his views on PortableCraps.com, Protecting us from unsafe or pirated software and people that join the forum and make posts just to wind people up.
As too the disagreement between thibeaz and redllar the only part that I can comment upon is the action taken by thibeaz.... As a Mod on 3 forums including a corporate only forum the rule on these is always the same when you find a suspect post. If its spam delete it, if it is flame material PM the author and request he edits it, If he dosen't, edit it for him. Also never delete an entire thread. Like I say I cannot comment on the cause of the row because we have nothing to read.

Anyway Is anybody in contact with redllar?

rokth

#28 Post by rokth »

I wasn't blame throwing. And as for Zach Thibeau's (aka, thibeaz) experience as a mod on other forums, then he should have no excuse for his actions. But instead he was proven to be a corrupt individual. And because of him we'll all pay a dear price.

1. I crapped on haller's work.
2. I reminded a demoted *censored* he's still demoted
3. I pointed out that he's a *censored*

Now we find him begging to have the thread closed to keep anyone else from having a disagreeing opinion with him. Shame you can't just delete us anymore. Maybe when you are on the wrong end of a corrupt mod will you fully understand. Until then, stop hitting yourself and apologize for your actions. Jerk.

-----
Self censored. So don't go swinging that line around either.
Last edited by rokth on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echo.Error

#29 Post by Echo.Error »

Well

If everyone is 'past' this stage. Might I suggest we prune back all of the portablecraps? Starting by replacing PuTTY-Portable with PortaPuTTY or KiTTY.

Just a suggestion.

GeddichNixan

#30 Post by GeddichNixan »

Would somebody be so kind to explain to a coding layman why do you call Haller's portable apps "portablecrap"? If I understand it correctly those portable apps are simply wrapped up and write everything (i.e. files) into the app folder and not outside it. Registry entries (if there are any) will be still written into the registry. JauntePE's approach was to redirect those registry entries and write those into reg files withing the app folder so jauntepeized apps are stealth ones. Is that all? Or is there any other more fundamental aspect?
BTW, if those apps are true craps in the opinion of most of the TPFC users, why not remove them from the TPFC site. Those who still would like to use them (honestly said I am one of them) can find them on Haller's site can't they?