Cube2 - Sauerbraten

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
atomizer

Cube2 - Sauerbraten

#1 Post by atomizer »

Cube2 on the "Sauerbraten" engine was released some time ago. New maps, some new weapons and better graphics. Sauerbraten home page

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

This was already mentioned in the comments for Cube, though I think that you're jumping the gun here. Sauerbraten is still very much in development, and is nowhere near being a finished product like Cube. Though it is indeed playable, new things are constantly being added and tweaked. If you read the Sauerbraten description, it's being designed as an FPS/RPG, but the RPG elements aren't anywhere near being in place. I understand that the Portable Freeware Collection does have some betaware and development projects, but those all have most, if not all of the functionality that they were designed for, while Sauerbraten is unfinished to a large degree and the releases are meant more for testing purposes. After all, the new weapon unveiled in the latest release isn't even skinned.

I do believe that Sauer will deserve a place alongside Cube in the PFC, but for now we should wait for the fruit to ripen, so to speak.