MPad - powerful and efficient text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
MakoSoft

MPad - powerful and efficient text editor

#1 Post by MakoSoft »

MPad is a versatile text editor with great capabilities created from known RJ TextEd.
Working with Unicode, destined for editing source code, plain text, ASCII or binary files.
Suitable for many programming languages, has clear interface translated to 25 .ini files.

HomePage:
https://mpad.se/
Author:
Rickard Johansson
Help page:
https://mpad.se/help/index.htm
History:
Version 1.14 released 2022-11-01
Version 1.0 released 2022-08-22
Download:
Portable version (20.9 MB with 32 and 64 bit exe):
https://mpad.se/downloads/MPad.zip
The following quotes are taken from the home page:
Systems:
"The program has been tested in Windows 7/8/10/11 (32 and 64 bit)."
Licence:
"MPad is developed using Delphi from Embarcadero and is released
as Freeware. The program is free to use for commercial purposes."
------------------------

nickoftime

Re: MPad - powerful and efficient text editor

#2 Post by nickoftime »

Hi... just took the portable x64 version out for a test drive... nice! I like the minimalist interface and thanks for including spell-check; it's still an important feature to me when evaluating text editors. No traces of the software left in any of the APPDATA folders and did not find anything written to the registry. After removing the extra language files, the software weighs in at under 50 MB. Loads fast and has just the right features that I would normally use. Keep up the great work and thanks!

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

I gave MPad a quick try. Looks nice, but memory usage is a little bloated. Averaged close to 110MB with one tab open.

Compare that to AkelPad where I currently have 26 tabs open, and it only uses 6MB RAM.
is it stealth? ;)

hamasaki

#4 Post by hamasaki »

Pretty nice, but I got an access violation error in the first 10mins of using MPad. Like RJ Text Ed, looks a bit buggy.

rightsteel

#5 Post by rightsteel »

hamasaki wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:53 pm Pretty nice, but I got an access violation error in the first 10mins of using MPad..slope game Like RJ Text Ed, looks a bit buggy.
I never got this error when accessing.

hamasaki

#6 Post by hamasaki »

It occurs for me if I add a link to the windows sendto folder, then right click a file and send to MPad. Access violation everytime. I did inform the author, but he couldn't replicate it, so not sure. Same on both my PC and laptop.