Meazure - Screen magnification, measurement, capture and color sampling

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
char101

Meazure - Screen magnification, measurement, capture and color sampling

#1 Post by char101 »

URL and screenshot: https://github.com/cthing/meazure

Description (from the github page):
Meazure is a tool for easily measuring and capturing portions of the screen. Tasks such as measuring the size of a window, capturing an image, determining the color of a pixel, and determining the screen size and resolution can all be easily accomplished using Meazure.

Portable installation: download installer, install using sandboxie, then copy the files from the installation directory inside the sandbox.

I found that this is quite a unique and useful application.

webfork

Re: Meazure - Screen magnification, measurement, capture and color sampling for Windows

#2 Post by webfork »

I found that this is quite a unique and useful application.
Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums. I agree it's a great program but unfortunately it doesn't end up being portable. Not that you can't talk about non-portable freeware on these forums, but just would keep it out of the main database. Here's the thread with some background on Meazure's portability status.
Last edited by webfork on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (better wording)

char101

Re: Meazure - Screen magnification, measurement, capture and color sampling for Windows

#3 Post by char101 »

Sorry I didn't know it has been posted before since I didn't find it in the database.

I didn't think about the portability since it works out of the box without the need to configure anything and there is no data to save so it feels almost 95% portable.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Rule of thumb is "portable" is something that works as expected -- including settings -- when you change computers...

Otherwise it's just "no install" requirement. 8)