DownZemAll! (download manager)

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Midas

DownZemAll! (download manager)

#1 Post by Midas » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 am

As a former user of DownThemAll! Firefox extension, a new(-ish) development named DownZemAll! readily piqued my curiosity, although I haven't had the time to really check it.

DownZemAll! is multi-platform but I'm assuming the Windows (MSVC) version to be Electron-based, hence my post to "Not Portable".
DownZemAll! is a rewrite of the legacy software DownThemAll! which was an extension for Mozilla Firefox, but whose development stopped around 2016, when Mozilla Firefox migrated to WebExtensions. DownZemAll! is a standalone download manager for Windows, MacOS and Linux. It aims to work with latest versions of Mozilla Firefox [...], and other web browsers [...]. DownZemAll! is written in C++ and based on the Qt5 framework.
The internal web engine is currently:
  • Google Gumbo Parser, for the MinGW and GNU versions.
Gumbo is a small pure-C HTML5 parser (but doesn't parse Javascript)
  • Chromium, for the MSVC version.
Chromium is a powerful web engine (parses HTML+Javascript)

DownZemAll! latest version is v2.4.3, released 2021-10-10 (changelog and downloads at https://github.com/setvisible/DownZemAll/releases).

webfork

Re: DownZemAll! (download manager)

#2 Post by webfork » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Midas wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 am
DownZemAll! is multi-platform but I'm assuming the Windows (MSVC) version to be Electron-based, hence my post to "Not Portable".
Great find -- it doesn't look to be Electron but QT based. I definitely look forward to testing this out.

And yes DownThemAll (as you mentioned) was a long-favorite Firefox add-on.