Sazanami (Audio Editor)

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
loin2kolpotoru

Sazanami (Audio Editor)

#1 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Sazanami is a full-featured audio editor for Windows that supports uncompressed WAV formats. You can edit sound files such as WAV or AIFF files. In addition to MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, it is also possible to read DSF / DSF / WSD format DSD files, etc., and it also supports format conversion. The program offers a wide range of filters and effects that include compressor, limiter, fade, reverb, low-pass / high-pass filter, IIR filter, FIR filter, pitch / tempo change, and Doppler effect. You can also rip from an audio CD or record from a microphone input. Other features include hiss noise reduction, delay, click removal, support for VST / DX plug-ins, a volume normalization function, a parametric equalizer, channel selection function, and more.

Sazanami key features:
Uncompressed WAV files are opened instantly
Cut/copy/paste editing
Sampling rate conversion
Search for silent regions
Recording from sound devices (microphone, line-in etc.)
Hiss reduction and click noise removal
Realistic FIR Reverb effect
Convolution using WAV files as FIR filters
WMA/MP3/Vorbis/FLAC import/export
AAC import/export (Windows 7 or later)
CD audio track import
Spectrum/spectrogram display
Pitch-preserving slow/fast playback

You Can download it from - https://codecpack.co/download/Sazanami.html

Note - Sazanami is not natively portable. I am attaching a yap launcher for portable setting. But the good news is it supports win xp.
Attachments
Sazanami.7z
(21.32 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Midas

Re: Sazanami (Audio Editor)

#2 Post by Midas »

Good post, loin2kolpotoru.

But I had to edit it to point to a viewable program screenshot 'cause all I was seeing was a "I love CPC" graphic like the one below, only larger -- so maybe next time don't link directly to codecpack.co and upload the image to a free filehoster like I did...

loin2kolpotoru

#3 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Midas wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 am Good post, loin2kolpotoru.

But I had to edit it to point to a viewable program screenshot 'cause all I was seeing was a "I love CPC" graphic like the one below, only larger -- so maybe next time don't link directly to codecpack.co and upload the image to a free filehoster like I did...

Thanks for the information and edit.

freakazoid

#4 Post by freakazoid »

Thanks for posting about Sazanami, loin2kolpotoru.

I'm always on the lookout for good audio editors, so this will be a welcome addition!

I haven't run the program yet, but I just checked the yaP launcher and the only modification you made was to remove the saved filedata at %APPDATA%. So I'm guessing this means that Sazanami doesn't write anything into the registry?
is it stealth? ;)

loin2kolpotoru

#5 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

freakazoid wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:31 pm Thanks for posting about Sazanami, loin2kolpotoru.

I'm always on the lookout for good audio editors, so this will be a welcome addition!

I haven't run the program yet, but I just checked the yaP launcher and the only modification you made was to remove the saved filedata at %APPDATA%. So I'm guessing this means that Sazanami doesn't write anything into the registry?
You are welcome.

I Didn't find any registry entry but you can test and confirm that.

freakazoid

#6 Post by freakazoid »

I tried to find some information on this editor online, but most sites incorrectly attribute Sazanami to the Codecpack website.

Official website is here: https://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA027069/#nami

A quick review:

I found the interface to be a little unintuitive. If I want to start playback from a certain point, I can't just click on a position on the waveform and play, I have to select a range of the audio to play and then hit the "Playback" button. Also, I'm so used to using either the mousewheel or mousewheel and key combination to zoom in on the audio, but using the mousewheel only moves the horizontal window forward and backward.

The nice thing about the editor though is it looks quite polished. Most of the editing features can be controlled via keyboard shortcuts. My favorite freeware audio editor is still Wavosaur.
is it stealth? ;)

loin2kolpotoru

#7 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

There is a new version 1.8.0 released on (14 Apr 2022)