PDFtk is a command-line tool for working with PDFs. It is commonly used for client-side scripting or server-side processing of PDFs.
Database entry: https://cli.portablefreeware.com/?id=557
Note that "server" doesn't meant it can not run just as CLI, see "installation" below.
PDFtk (Server) does not require Adobe Acrobat or Reader, and it runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
PDFtk (Server) can:
- Merge PDF Documents or Collate PDF Page Scans
- Split PDF Pages into a New Document
- Rotate PDF Documents or Pages
- Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
- Encrypt Output as Desired
- Fill PDF Forms with X/FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms
- Generate FDF Data Stencils from PDF Forms
- Apply a Background Watermark or a Foreground Stamp
- Report PDF Metrics, Bookmarks and Metadata
- Add/Update PDF Bookmarks or Metadata
- Attach Files to PDF Pages or the PDF Document
- Unpack PDF Attachments
- Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
- Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
- Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)
"You can use PDFtk Server at no charge under its GPL license."
PDFtk Server Redistribution License
"If you plan to distribute PDFtk Server as part of your own software, you will need a PDFtk Server Redistribution License. The exception to this rule is if your software is licensed to the public under the GPL or another compatible license."
Installation - Windows
Download the Windows Installer: https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-server/
Uniextract the Installer, copy these two files:
and if you wish the documentation - also available when you type: pdftk --help
Code: Select all
as long as pdftk.exe and libiconv2.dll are either in the same folder or available in your PATH it works
Code: Select all