Video Duplicate Finder

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Video Duplicate Finder

#1 Post by webfork »

Very useful looking program to find dupe videos and images, claims portability and is open source. Very exciting stuff.

https://github.com/0x90d/videoduplicatefinder
https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE- ... nder.shtml

Features:
Cross-platform
Fast scanning speed
Ultra fast rescan
Finds duplicate videos / images based on similarity
Windows GUI, Linux GUI and multi-OS Console
FFmpeg and FFprobe is required.

webfork

Re: Video Duplicate Finder

#2 Post by webfork »

Update:

Got a chance to finally test this ...

Status: Portable, writes to scannedfiles.db and settings.xml.  Not stealth, writes a log file to appdata\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs\VideoDuplicateFinderWindows.exe.log

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Added to database:

https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=3054

I came across this independently while looking for a util that will find video duplicates based on content. This is the only open-source one as far as I can tell, and super fast. I unleashed it on my 500GB collection of video files, and it took only about 5 minutes on a 5th-gen i5 to process all the files, much to my surprise. More importantly, it works, delivering a few dups that I didn't know I have.

The entire video needs to more or less match, irrespective of resolution and codec. I was hoping it might be able to spot a shorter clip within a longer video, but after some testing, I can confirm it doesn't do that. It would be real cool if it could though!

bitcoin

#4 Post by bitcoin »

Andrew Lee wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 pm The entire video needs to more or less match, irrespective of resolution and codec. I was hoping it might be able to spot a shorter clip within a longer video, but after some testing, I can confirm it doesn't do that. It would be real cool if it could though!
hopefully they can add that ability in future editions

edit:

i tried this program and it doesn't seem to detect the same video at different resolutions too well fwiw

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

bitcoin wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 am i tried this program and it doesn't seem to detect the same video at different resolutions too well fwiw
What res vids did you have? I had a couple of movies at 720p vs 1080p, and they were flagged as dups (the 720p were actually down-converted from 1080p using Handbrake, and I forgot to delete them).

bitcoin

#6 Post by bitcoin »

Andrew Lee wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:09 am
What res vids did you have? I had a couple of movies at 720p vs 1080p, and they were flagged as dups (the 720p were actually down-converted from 1080p using Handbrake, and I forgot to delete them).
that's what i was using 720 vs 1080 - same video length and otherwise identical

i'll do some more testing though

BillyECarroll

#7 Post by BillyECarroll »

So far the program works well, I am trying to find duplicates in which the src is 1080 and then reprocessed down to SD. Also, videos that are a few seconds different.