Quick Submissions: Found a new CLI tool but no time for a thread? Post it here!

Submit command line tools that you find here.
webfork

Re: DocTo - Simple command line utility for converting .doc & .xls files to any supported format such as Text, RTF, CSV

#31 Post by webfork » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:05 pm

billon wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 am
lintalist wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:27 am
Must have Microsoft Word or Excel installed on host machine.
:roll:
I actually didn't see that -- good note. But I can definitely still find a use for this. In particular, there are are SO many Excel export tools out there that think they're doing me a a big favor, when really I just want a CSV. A program that can be sure to maintain fidelity from the original table might be worth it. I've also been working on using spreadsheets to create somewhat complex batch files for a document template process, but I couldn't figure out how to get the output into a simple text document. Maybe DocTo is the answer.

vevy

Re: Quick Submissions: Found a new CLI tool but no time for a thread? Post it here!

#32 Post by vevy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Help make the comprehensive CLI database happen:
                    Vote for filters/badges!

billon

monolith

#33 Post by billon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:09 am

https://github.com/Y2Z/monolith
A data hoarder’s dream come true: bundle any web page into a single HTML file. You can finally replace that gazillion of open tabs with a gazillion of .html files stored somewhere on your precious little drive.

Unlike the conventional “Save page as”, monolith not only saves the target document, it embeds CSS, image, and JavaScript assets all at once, producing a single HTML5 document that is a joy to store and share.

If compared to saving websites with wget -mpk, this tool embeds all assets as data URLs and therefore lets browsers render the saved page exactly the way it was on the Internet, even when no network connection is available.

rbon

Re: monolith

#34 Post by rbon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:04 pm

billon wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:09 am
https://github.com/Y2Z/monolith
A data hoarder’s dream come true: bundle any web page into a single HTML file. You can finally replace that gazillion of open tabs with a gazillion of .html files stored somewhere on your precious little drive.

Unlike the conventional “Save page as”, monolith not only saves the target document, it embeds CSS, image, and JavaScript assets all at once, producing a single HTML5 document that is a joy to store and share.

If compared to saving websites with wget -mpk, this tool embeds all assets as data URLs and therefore lets browsers render the saved page exactly the way it was on the Internet, even when no network connection is available.
Monolith: CLI tool for saving complete web pages as a single HTML5 file.
Detailled review on Softpedia:
- Monolith program page: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/ ... lith.shtml
- Monolith: review from Michaela Teodorovici with rate 4.0/5

With this tool You can create Your personal Wayback Machine in Your PC.