PS Hash

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
jack

PS Hash

#1 Post by jack »

PS Hash 1.0

Program for calculating checksums, hashes, comparing and verifying files.
The program supports 30 hashing algorithms, among others MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, the SHA-3 algorithm family.

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/hash/

License: "This program is completely free. You can use it without any restrictions, also for commercial purposes."
Download 32-bit: http://www.pazera-software.com/files/PS ... RTABLE.zip
Download 64-bit: http://www.pazera-software.com/files/PS ... RTABLE.zip
Portability: full - no registry, no %APPDATA%, etc. Program writes settings to one INI file located in the executable directory.
The program allows integration with the system shell, but it is optional.
Release date: 09.05.2020

PS Hash was created as a result of combining several smaller programs that perform single tasks, which I have been using for many years. Maybe it will also be useful to someone.

File module

This module allows you to calculate checksums of any files. The controls displaying the calculated values have been divided into groups and placed on collapsible panels. Each algorithm can be freely activated / deactivated, depending on the needs. Files and folders can be added by drag and drop.

Verify module

This module is used to verify data on the basis of previously prepared special text files containing lists of file names and related checksum / hash values. Such files usually have the extensions .sfv, .md5, .sha1, .sha256. PS Hash is compatible with programs generating such files included in the GNU Coreutils package, commonly used on Unix / Linux systems. In addition to verification, PS Hash also allows you to generate such files.

Compare module

This module is used to compare the selected file with other files or a previously calculated checksum / hash.

billon

Re: PS Hash

#2 Post by billon »

Nice!
Any plans to add some BLAKE* algorithms?

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

billon wrote:Any plans to add some BLAKE* algorithms?

:thumbsup:

jack

#4 Post by jack »

Maybe I will add support for BLAKE* algorithms in the next version. I am also considering the Haval, Tiger and GOST algorithms.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Thanks for the post -- had a quick feature suggestion ...

Background:

We all have a hash type that we use more than any other. I'm almost categorically using SHA256 with very rare exception. As a result, I came up with a sort of "copy favorite to clipboard" idea ...

Current behavior:

When you drag-and-drop a file onto the PS Hash program or use the "Send To" menu in Windows, the program hashes the file using one of several different available algorithms. You can then pick one and copy it to your clipboard.

Requested behavior:

In options, ability to enable/disable "copy favorite" where a selected algorithm just auto-copies it to clipboard, maybe with a quick popup saying what's happened, and either minimize or auto-close the program.

---

I got the idea from a recent user, who was asking for a CLI program that would do this.

vevy

#6 Post by vevy »

webfork wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:30 pm Background:

We all have a hash type that we use more than any other. I'm almost categorically using SHA256 with very rare exception. As a result, I came up with a sort of "copy favorite to clipboard" idea ...
Is this is a suggestion for general improvement of the program or do you need it for your own use case?

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

vevy wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:02 pm Is this is a suggestion for general improvement of the program or do you need it for your own use case?
I would use it if the program included that functionality.

vevy

#8 Post by vevy »

webfork wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:40 pm
vevy wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:02 pm Is this is a suggestion for general improvement of the program or do you need it for your own use case?
I would use it if the program included that functionality.
I meant if you need it there are ways to do it with a CLI tool of your choice (and without a console window), either through SendTo or right in the context menu for all or specific file types.

vevy

#9 Post by vevy »

@jack

Doesn't the CLI output the result to stdout? If not, then that would be very useful.

Also, I think it will be better UX if the user can "pin" their favorite algorithms at the top, rather than expand items and scroll up and down.

Midas

#10 Post by Midas »

Sorry, I haven't tested the program -- but immediately thought the "Verify module" screenshot would look a lot more readable if the color background would be used only in every other row.

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

Has anyone that's used this program had it create a hash list e.g. an SFV that can later be verified? I can see it will verify hash lists, but from what I'm seeing, there's no creation. It just creates a log file, which can't be verified.