Dunno if it was mentioned before...

Any other tech-related topics
sg

Dunno if it was mentioned before...

#1 Post by sg »

It would be great to have "Items per page" choice instead of only 5, as some categories have many programs, and it is not fun clicking all the way through 10+ pages just to find nothing. Good numbers to stop at will just be 5, 10, 20, 50, 100. Just put in a small warning for clicking 100.

Also, it would be great to have a sort by size, preferably from smallest to largest, as I usually don't touch stuff 1mb and above (inefficient). I do find that size and popularity almost have an inverse relationship...

So just those two. I don't really know what to say if it has been suggested before (I searched!) and I would be even more amazed if it wasn't. Of course, I will accept any reasonable views for not implementing it.

Simon.T

#2 Post by Simon.T »

See this here?
Some guy named simon! (dunno who this is) who's started this whole thing (he just gave the idea of how to improve it...)
It used to be Google 100, literally, and not Google 100 as it known today, choose a number between 10 to 100

you can build a script for it (or you can ask from someone, not me! though I think that this is a good idea)

maybe you can ask Google 100's author :?:

cya around
Simon.T

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Thanks! Your suggestions have been included in my todo list, but as usual, no promises when!

Simon, the Google 100 technique won't work 'cos Google does support changing the page size through their preferences, but for TPFC, it is currently hard-coded in the PHP script.

I had to find a balance between the b/w req per page and the viewable number of entries per page, so eventually I settled on the magic number "5". :D

Simon.T

#4 Post by Simon.T »

Andrew Lee wrote:Simon, the Google 100 technique won't work 'cos Google does support changing the page size through their preferences
Yup, I had this feeling that I'll get this kind of answer ;)
Andrew Lee wrote:Thanks! Your suggestions have been included in my todo list, but as usual, no promises when!
Hmmmzz... I posted a comment on the AutoPagerize script page...