inspired by the image editor currently only available on Microsoft Windows -– PhotoFiltre
is right here on the site and a great program, so I'm glad to see someone try to borrow from that software to build something great. I will say the program still feels early stage and there's some more work is needed before it surpasses some of our existing tools.
As already noted (I ran this test last week but didn't get a post up about it) confirmed not portable ... steps:
1. Download and unzip portable version
2. Launch ce_photoflare.exe
Status: Not portable
, writes to Computer\HKEY_USERS\..\Software\photoflare.io
: 31 megs disk / 23 megs RAM
* Could not figure out how to set the transparent color
* This is not a painting program similar to Krita or MyPaint - you'd want to use a mouse to interact with it
* Some nice batch functions
* Unclear compression settings
* Filters don't have a lot of controls, they're sort of one-size functions, which is fine but definitely below the capability of programs like PhotoQt and Photodemon
* Not sure what the selection function does (the arrow icon). You can select something but no other action seems to JUST affect the selected area apart from Copy-Paste
Really like the pricing function here: https://photoflare.io/pricing/
... I think this is a good framework for running a free / open project and getting funding and involvement. I wish them luck.