Fix wifi connectivity issues - No Power save v1.0

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
klon

Fix wifi connectivity issues - No Power save v1.0

#1 Post by klon »

Does your network connection feel rife with problems? for example WiFi keeps dropping the internet connection every 10 minutes or so and the access to the internet is cut off for 10 – 20 secs and then comes back. Or WiFI adapter automatically got disabled and can’t enable without restart . Have you ever noticed that your network connection abruptly quits when your PC sleeps?

The 802.11 power save protocol helps your Pc to saves power and increases battery life. You can find this Option under "Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Saving Mode" . "Maximum Performance" mode is the default when plugged into power; it disables the power-saving model. "Medium Power Saving" mode is the default when you’re on battery power. You can also select "Low Power Saving" or "Maximum Power Saving" for either.

Microsoft notes that Windows has a power saving feature, but for some brands of wireless network adapters don’t support this feature correctly and you may experience problems when connected to them if it’s enabled. So, if you have Wi-Fi problems, you might want to try disabling it. In theory, the Wi-Fi radio going to sleep more often may increase latency and reduce network performance - but you’ll get more battery life.

How to fix wifi connectivity issues

1. Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." in Power Management tab of the Network Adapter Properties

2. Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters to Maximum performance

To change both of them easily just use Our Portable freeware tool "No Power save" , Download it Unzip and run it thats all

Please restart your pc to apply the changes

NOTE: To disabling power saving mode can cause Wake on Lan issue but if you don't use WOL feature , disable it for Fix Wireless Connectivity Issues.

Download
Last edited by klon on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Midas

Re: Fix wifi connectivity issues - No Power save v1.0

#2 Post by Midas »

No definitive results, but thanks for looking into this, klon.

I've been having some wifi problems with my substitute laptop causing my router to reboot, which never happened with my previous one. Let's see if it improves after this.

klon

#3 Post by klon »

If you have no Hardware problem it should help ( I hope it will solve your problem)

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

klon wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 am Password : sordum
Why is there a password?

klon

#5 Post by klon »

Because of the google , Sometimes Virustotal detection ratio is "0" but google block the URL (Strange) to avoid this we are trying something different

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

klon wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:45 am Because of the google , Sometimes Virustotal detection ratio is "0" but google block the URL (Strange) to avoid this we are trying something different
I acknowledge false positives are a real problem and those URL blocks suck, but could you have an encrypted download AND a normal download? We don't have a specific policy about this, but there's never been an encrypted download added to the TPFC database.

klon

#7 Post by klon »

Link edited , Password removed