Texture Editor - Texture Creation App

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
TalkOrBell

Texture Editor - Texture Creation App

#1 Post by TalkOrBell »

Getting my sea legs here...Will try to avoid any 'nagwares' & such...

Hopefully nothing oldish or coming from wayback machine is a NoNo....

Up for your consideration if the price is right is Texture Editor 0.92. Personally never heard of it & I have tried many like it. Found 'by chance' on the wayback machine...

https://web.archive.org/web/20050208143 ... /~aiin-in/

The whole site seems pretty much intact...DL works but will redirect for it...If it don't for you then use this-

https://web.archive.org/web/20070209125 ... editor.zip

Win32 no special reqs...Quite impressive though full procedural texture creation with many layers available. 3D viewer you can choose different primitives to view your texture on whilst building.

Only slight drawback is 1K square limit in texture output size. Not for me I use 1K texture size all the time but many 'modern' 3D modelers use 4K-8K which is insane to me. For 2D most would just wanna smaller texture then tile it.

Comes with a reg file looks to add some stuff to shell but like site says it's optional so just delete it...Other than that just the EXE, Data folder, Examples, History text & Manual.

Very pro-like freeware...rareware...

webfork

Re: Texture Editor 0.92 Texture Creation App

#2 Post by webfork »

TalkOrBell wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 am Hopefully nothing oldish or coming from wayback machine is a NoNo....
Not at all, there are a lot of gems from many years ago that I've found that have become irreplaceable. I don't have a specific need for a texture editor, but someone may find that very useful.

TalkOrBell

#3 Post by TalkOrBell »

Well, You never know...Making your own textures can be addicting...

Anybody using any of these photo editors can use this for making backgrounds or patterns or brushes as well as grayscale-BW alpha masks.

Can your paint app paint with a texture? Then you can custom tailor your own with this app to fit your project rather than using what textures came with it or spending time motoring around the net looking for right texture.

Of course anybody doing 3D work will be right at home as this is good for diffuse maps, bump-displacement maps, specular maps...etc.

Also good for making desktop backgrounds & custom target textures for skinning applications...

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

TalkOrBell wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:48 pm Also good for making desktop backgrounds & custom target textures for skinning applications...
That might pull me in -- I spend a fair amount of time getting my desktop image the way I like. My favorite thing about PhotoDemon is how I can tweak desktop backgrounds and PowerPoint presentations.