Two magnifiers from Mazdapardazesh

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
billon

Two magnifiers from Mazdapardazesh

#1 Post by billon »

Viewlens
Viewlens is a screen magnifier application software for Windows OS from XP to 10. It builded for 32-bit and 64-bit systems. It has many options for effecting magnifing like mirroring and color filtering. The position and size of magnifier window can be changed easyly with mouse moving.

and

Pixelscope
Pixelscope is a screen magnifier application software for Windows operating systems. It is a x86 32-bit and 64-bit native code application software that run on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP or later operating systems. It have many options for shape, color and size of magnifier window, zoom level, color effect of magnification also It can run in fullscreen mode.

Both programs are stealth and saves mo settings

webfork

Re: Two magnifiers from Mazdapardazesh

#2 Post by webfork »

Great add, thanks billon.

Just this week I was looking for a quick way to view files as grayscale to help more easily communicate that people using light-colored fonts is just going to make them illegible if it ever gets printed out. Just as developers often forget not everyone has a monitor the size of a billboard, designers forget that some people still print things out or look at them on a grayscale e-reader. The best way I found was with either ShareX's "Add Image Effects" but you can also easily do this in LibreOffice Draw's View - Color/Grayscale function. Despite this, Viewlens' hovering window is easily the best way to clearly demonstrate that. Unfortunately the grayscale option wasn't available on my system:

Pixelscope is very similar to Viewlens, but with a border. I plan to use it to help create emphasis and get people to focus on one section of an interface. You can do this a lot of ways, including reducing the area you don't care about by slight blurring/grayscale etc. but I like zooming out one section and zooming in another, similar to the image below:

This image was generated using using ShareX via pasting an element of the existing screencap, expanded it, and then reduced the overall size. Then of course you draw a red box and an arrow to connect the different parts. However, I can never get it to scale quite right, which is where Pixelscope comes in.

---

Wishlist:
* For Viewlens - the ability to disable the zoom function. With the "inside" view option, I kept trying to scroll up on something and the window would zoom in.
* Grayscale option

---

Softpedia mirrors: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-E ... oupe.shtml and https://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-E ... lens.shtml

Related: Snapdraw Free

billon

#3 Post by billon »

webfork wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:42 am Unfortunately the grayscale option wasn't available on my system
Maybe Grayscale only available when Aero is enabled?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 am Maybe Grayscale only available when Aero is enabled?
Yes, I think you're correct -- I unfortunately have an odd video card that isn't playing nice with Aero, so it does appear to be due to that being disabled.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Update here: I tested Pixelscope at some length on a Win10 system recently and it's just outstanding and far beyond other tools in it's space. I'll definitely add it to the database in the near future.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 pm Update here: I tested Pixelscope at some length on a Win10 system recently and it's just outstanding and far beyond other tools in it's space. I'll definitely add it to the database in the near future.
All set -- program added. Please vote: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2984

billon

#7 Post by billon »

Updated Viewlens to version 2 and Pixelscope to version 6, and NO LONGER STEALTH, settings in the registry

Code: Select all

HKCU\Software\Mazdapardazesh\Viewlens

HKCU\Software\Mazdapardazesh\Pixelscope
But previous version still available

Damn :evil:

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:30 am Updated Viewlens to version 2 and Pixelscope to version 6, and NO LONGER STEALTH, settings in the registry
That's frustrating. Were there beneficial updates? I can't find a changelog.