Tom's Viewer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
aazard

Re: Tom's Viewer

#31 Post by aazard »

sorry, I have a formatting "issue" (misuse)

vevy

#32 Post by vevy »

aazard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:15 pm sorry, I have a formatting "issue" (misuse)
Also, it may not have an effect opposite to what you have in mind for at least two reasons:
  • All the stressed parts (bold, underlined, etc) actually distract from (or drown) each other.
  • Long-time internet users develop a habit of ignoring flashier content. Once, I spent some time looking the "real" download button on a site just to discover it was the big green one I subconsciously ignored!

aazard

#33 Post by aazard »

I will attempt sanity...lol

The cause of my "current excitement": and rant.... :( (i dont know how to spoil here, using "quote tool")
I'm inside a 6 month kick to built a 100% freeware/FOSS portable "best app for job, byte4byte" kit. I'm 99% done, Martain Wright is just helping me get Convimx "right", And Aorta's Gregory Smith has yet to reply (although his open post says to redistribute "freely"), as his tool trumps ALL DDS/Normal map tools, byte4byte, except prehaps DXTBmp, Show & Convimx, by Martain Wright & Njob (*& thats when all the pre-mentioned are "combo'ed" compared to Aorta ALONE).
*Note: ...oddly NOTHING (usable) handles 16K images, in any format, (8K are fine) that is:
-A: not cmd (MS Texcon & thats 3360kb, whrn open EXR support is patched/user re-built in)
or
-B: "Smaller" than Nvidia's DDS exporter GUI tool or "vvvv's" MS Texcon GUI too (both x86/32bit & portablie capable), or about 4mb (Aotra is 2859kb, as a stand-alone exe, MWGFX tool "Convimx", with DLLs is only 1033kb in total, and does "everything" but normal maps "as well" (as it does do them) )

MWGFX tools: TViewer and IBrowse, are TINY addons (under 190kb, each, when you already have dll's in a folder) that are very unique viewers, combining the best features of sage thumbs and WTV

Long story short at the end, lol: if you do 16K+ image work "portable & often", Nvidia GUI exporter or MS Texcon (go "vvvv's" Gui version) is the way to go, AND nothing views like iBrowse in the MWGFX Tool pack, byte4byte

Hidden super note: an app named "ANY2ICO" will convert ANY format (svg/webp too) to ico OR PNG < its only 188kb, holy poop!
It all "fits" on 128mb, its mostly for "creatives/producers" of ALL types, well it fits on 102mb truthfully (I'm trying to expand it to 118mb, the TRUE size of most 128mb "flash" drives)

* I've resorted to 10mb of the "best games that will run from a floppy",
** Plus 2 of my personal creations: "Mini-BUT-Full OpenTTD" & Mini-BUT-Full GeneRally (both current versions, 2.59mb & 2.78mb, respectfully..to get it to 15mb total of games for ppl to play or work on the source/gfx etc with the pack)
Small question: IRL issue: a fes Dev's are "dead" (like for real) or they have "left computing/"I dont care, that was 22 years ago..", WHAT DO I DO to "claim source/binary" to archive to the "internet archive" website and then here?

I have some tools from the late 90's & early 2000's in this issue (I have all code redundantly mirrored already)