SmartSystemMenu

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
billon

SmartSystemMenu

#1 Post by billon »

https://github.com/AlexanderPro/SmartSystemMenu
SmartSystemMenu extends system menu of all windows in the system. It appends next custom items to menu:
  • Information. Shows a dialog with information of the current window and process: the window handle, the window caption, the window style, the window class, the process name, the process id, the path to the process.
  • Roll Up. Allows to roll up and down the current window.
  • Aero Glass. Allows to add the "Aero Glass" blur to the current window. (Windows Vista and higher. Mostly for console windows.)
  • Always On Top. Allows the current window to stay on top of all other windows.
  • Send To Bottom. Allows to send to bottom the current window.
  • Save Screenshot. Allows to save the current window screenshot on a disk.
  • Open File In Explorer. Allows to open a process file in a File Explorer.
  • Copy Text To Clipboard. Allows to copy all window texts (including console, ms office products, etc.) to clipboard.
  • Drag By Mouse. Allows to drag by mouse the current window.
  • Resize. Allows to change the size of the current window.
  • Move To. Allows to move the current window to another monitor.
  • Alignment. Allows the current window to be aligned with any of the 9 positions on the desktop.
  • Transparency. Allows to change the transparency of the current window.
  • Priority. Allows to change the current window's program priority.
  • System Tray. Allows to minimize the current window to the system tray.
  • Other Windows. Allows to close and minimize all windows in the system except the current.
  • Start Program. Allows to start programs which is in the settings.
Requirements
  • OS Windows XP SP3 and later. Supports x86 and x64 systems.
  • .NET Framework 4.0
Image Image

Settings: application folder
Stealth
DL - https://github.com/AlexanderPro/SmartSy ... ses/latest (~240 KB)

Midas

Re: SmartSystemMenu

#2 Post by Midas »

Nice find, thanks. 8)

The only snag for me is the memory footprint -- it's 10 times that of Sizer (viewtopic.php?t=17028), which I use in all my systems for the "Resize" and "Alignment" functions of SmartSystemMenu.

smaragdus

#3 Post by smaragdus »

I have been using SmartSystemMenu for quite some time (since 2015-07-18) and for me this is absolutely indispensable tool. It was in my submission list (together with hundreds of other programs) but I never found time to review it. Version 1.0.5336.20780 (from 2014-08-11) works just fine for me and I do not plan to update it unless some new features I need would be added. What I miss is roll-up feature. In regard to memory usage the program is more than modest- on my system (Windows 8 x64) it uses about 6 MB of RAM.

Links Screen

SmartSystemMenu version 1.0.5336.20780 - alignment (static image):

Note
SmartSystemMenu was originally hosted on CodePlex.

If someone adds SmartSystemMenu to the database I will vote for it.

billon

#4 Post by billon »

smaragdus

#5 Post by smaragdus »

@billon
Thank you for taking your time to review the program in the forum and to add it to the database, you spared me some time. In fact SmartSystemMenu is one of my greatest ever favourites and it is a shame that I never posted about it here. I voted and it should be public now.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Good suggestion. Thanks both of you for the suggestion + database addition. I'll be testing that out this week.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Update: Release v2.1.1 is out with hotkeys, Korean/Japanese languages, and bug fixes

giulia

#8 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm Update: Release v2.1.1 is out with hotkeys, Korean/Japanese languages, and bug fixes
hi
can't save preferences for each programs ?
would be great

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 am can't save preferences for each programs ?
No, unfortunately you can't but that's an excellent suggestion. Would you be able to open a Github issue for that? https://github.com/AlexanderPro/SmartSystemMenu/issues

giulia

#10 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:22 pm
giulia wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 am can't save preferences for each programs ?
No, unfortunately you can't but that's an excellent suggestion. Would you be able to open a Github issue for that? https://github.com/AlexanderPro/SmartSystemMenu/issues
Hi
I did it , but it was ignored :? :?

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:55 am I did it , but it was ignored :? :?
Yeah it happens, and I wouldn't hold it against the Dev too much. The only Github developer that's really good about answering issue suggestions has been the dev behind Screen2Gif, even if it's something they don't want to add. Just about everyone else just ignores what they don't care about. I think ShareX will just let them go "stale" and close them automatically after a few months.

Andrew Lee

#12 Post by Andrew Lee »

Not directly related, but I recently came across this article from the developer of TenFourFox, which presents the POV of a freeware developer regarding bug reports and feature requests, and he's one of the better ones :D

On another note, the most openly hostile developer I have ever come across is the author of TinyTinyTSS, and his terse, no-nonsense, f-u approach has no doubt pissed off a lot of users. But his approach is no doubt on the extreme end of the spectrum. Most devs probably sit somewhere in the middle.

Sorry for being slightly off topic here. Move along now..

AlexanderPro

#13 Post by AlexanderPro »

giulia wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:55 am
webfork wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:22 pm
Hi
I did it , but it was ignored :? :?
Hi,

Maybe I will add this feature a bit later. Most likely it will happen after I add a window support without the system menu in the next version (v3.0.0). I can't say for sure now, as I lack free time.