Apowersoft Photo Viewer [crapware]

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Apowersoft Photo Viewer [crapware]

#1 Post by webfork »

[Based on this thread, I am recommending against any and all Apowersoft tools or software.]

---

Synopsis: photo viewer and basic editor with some nice extras not found elsewhere, but some obvious misses as well.

Neat stuff:

* Lots of options for numbered items 123, ABC, abc, rounded, circle, and various transparency levels (this is really great)
* Highlighter pen

Missing bits:

* Speed bubble doesn't automatically include a text prompt (have to add it separately)
* CTRL+Z to undo
* Easy upload to image hosting services like Imgur
* Batch operations
* Image editor is really just an addendum tool for screenshots, which makes sense as the same company sells a program called Screen Capture Pro

Status: not at all portable. Writes settings all over the place, automatically sets itself as the default graphics viewer.

Specular

Re: Apowersoft Photo Viewer

#2 Post by Specular »

webfork wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 pmStatus: not at all portable. Writes settings all over the place, automatically sets itself as the default graphics viewer.
Glad you took one for the team and not me :p

webfork

Re: Apowersoft Photo Viewer

#3 Post by webfork »

Specular wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:23 am
webfork wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 pmStatus: not at all portable. Writes settings all over the place, automatically sets itself as the default graphics viewer.
Glad you took one for the team and not me :p
lol ... yeah if I had more free time I'd have a testing rig setup with Sandboxie or similar program to auto-dump all changes on program exit. As it stands, I have to do a lot of manual cleanup and I cycle out my Windows install ~1 / yr.