Do you know an app that deletes files/folder on a list?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
starstuff

Do you know an app that deletes files/folder on a list?

#1 Post by starstuff »

Hi,

I have a list of files and folders on a text file and would like to delete some files/folders. I like to delete them without going into each folder and press delete. I was thinking of a program that you put a list of files/folders to delete and it will delete them.

Does anybody know of an app that do this? it will be a bonus if it can delete files on the network like \\Network-PC\files\delete.me

Thank you!

lintalist

Re: Do you know an app that deletes files/folder on a list?

#2 Post by lintalist »

What about a simple batch file?
Just insert DEL in front of each file path to delete it, if you can/wish to delete an entire folder and sub-folders you can use RD

More info Also depending on your file manager you may be able to "load" a list of files into a file panel and then delete them.

Note - this solution might work for you as well, a batch file that reads your list of files and deletes them https://superuser.com/questions/615421/ ... -file-list

Edit: for AutoHotkey users a basic file parsing Loop and the FileDelete command will do the same as the above batch file solution.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

starstuff wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:57 pmDoes anybody know of an app that do this? it will be a bonus if it can delete files on the network like \\Network-PC\files\delete.me
I personally would go with lintalist's idea, but I also wanted to point out how BleachBit has a "custom folders" item under Edit - Preferences - Custom tab

The nice part about using BleachBit is that you can securely wipe those folders rather than just deleting them.

On a related note, the program includes support for "Winapp2.ini" functionality, which is a community project that enables custom file and folder delete settings. Some of those files and folders might also include some of what you're looking to zap.

starstuff

#4 Post by starstuff »

@lintalist

Thank you for your tip, I'm more comfortable using a gui than the command line, the batch file is my last option.

@webfork

Thank you for showing bleachbit, I used that before did not know it could do that, I will download it again.

bitcoin

#5 Post by bitcoin »

CCleaner can delete user selected files and folders too, fwiw

starstuff

#6 Post by starstuff »

Thank you Ding-A-Ling for the apps!