Fortitude HTTP (server software)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Fortitude HTTP (server software)

#1 Post by Midas »

I have been meaning to post about Fortitude HTTP (www.networkdls.com/Software/View/Fortitude_HTTP) for a while, but since I found it not natively portable -- contrary to NetworkDLS two other products already here, IP Traffic Spy (viewtopic.php?t=7442) and DiskMark (viewtopic.php?t=7443) -- it kept slipping from my ToDo.

The snag with Fortitude HTTP is that it saves its settings in the registry at 'HKLM\Software\NetworkDLS\Fortitude HTTP' -- nothing that a yaP launcher won't be able to solve but the management program refuses to even run unless those keys are present. :(

Other than that, Fortitude HTTP looks like a pretty decent offering for the lightweight server category.
Fortitude HTTP is a web server for Windows which was created to give users a free, easy-to-use and open source alternative to commercial Windows web servers. Fortitude HTTP features hundreds of in-depth behind the scenes security features and a growing number of user defined security features. Supports: Multiple sites, port sharing, virtual roots, CGI, scripting engines, custom filters, HTTP compression & caching, HTTP 1.1 resume, an easy to use front end, a fully configurable XML back-end and much more.

Fortitude HTTP latest version (currently v1.0.4.1), released 2018-01-26, can be downloaded from www.networkdls.com /Software/Release/View/Fortitude_HTTP/1041.

ntdls

Re: Fortitude HTTP (server software)

#2 Post by ntdls »

Tell you what, I'll get right on removing that dependency on the registry keys.

smaragdus

Re: Fortitude HTTP

#3 Post by smaragdus »

@ntdls
Are you the developer of Fortitude HTTP?

ntdls

#4 Post by ntdls »

@smaragdus

Yea. I just pushed the code removing the requirement for registry entries. There are also a lot of hidden command line params to allow for multiple instances with different configurations and such - so I'll document those and followup. Once all the tests pass I'll get a new installer compiled and published - probably this weekend.

Additionally, FortitudeHTTP moved to GitHub last year: https://github.com/NTDLS/Fortitude-HTTP

smaragdus

Re: Fortitude HTTP

#5 Post by smaragdus »

@ntdls

First- welcome to the forum. I have never used your Fortitude HTTP but I have used (and still have it) another of your programs- Secure Archive, which I really like- written in C++, small, clean and nice GUI, good set of features (including context menu integration) and now even open source to boot (for me it is very important for encryption programs to be open source). Once I intended to contact you with a suggestion but I never did so now I am really glad to see you here. If Secure Archive is not abandoned I may open an issue at GitHub. I also appreciated that you offered downloads for previous versions of the Secure Archive- this is fair attitude towards users- something in the latest version may nit work as expected, a feature might be removed, etc so for me it is always good to know that I have the possibility to revert to a previous version without the need to scrub the web deep for older releases of a program. I may also have a look at your other tools.

Regards

ntdls

#6 Post by ntdls »

Awesome and thanks so much!

First and foremost, FortitudeHTTP is now and will be going forward fully registry independent - as well as available in a zip (no installer) format.
http://networkdls.com/Software/Release/ ... HTTP/1042/

As for Secure Archive, I'm always looking for a good reason to crack that code open - please - I'd love to take suggestions/bug-reports.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

Great news. Moving the topic to "Submissions" -- but further testing still welcome. 8)

Could you please detail, for instance, what would the common start-up command be for running a vanilla portable instance, from all the options listed at fortitudehttp.networkdls.com/Advanced - Command Line.html?

ntdls

#8 Post by ntdls »

I went ahead and create a whole new portable branch which runs as a console application, it didn't really make sense to keep all the "windows service" support in a portable web-server - because if you install a a service its not really portable by definition. Additionally, there is no command-line documentation for the portable version because there are no longer command line options - it just runs and uses the data from the executable's path.

I also updated the UI, making a portable version which no longer looks for an installed service.

Same location as before: http://networkdls.com/Software/Release/ ... _HTTP/1042

I'll mark it as "Stable" once testing is complete - but the links will not change going forward.

Jtssi

#9 Post by Jtssi »

Hello, I can't get php to work with http fortitude. I have however informed the phpcgi but I have an error 500 on a simple php code e. g:
<? echo "test"; ?>.
Do you have any documentation for this? Thank you in advance.

J.TSSI

Jtssi

#10 Post by Jtssi »

I'm really looking to make php work, I'm sure I know the phpcgi.exe well but it doesn't work. Need help please

ntdls

#11 Post by ntdls »

Probably not worth a whole post, but just wanted to let you know that I'll get back to you. I'm in the middle of moving (with 5 kids) so I'll get right back to this in a few days. My apologies for the delay. Take care!

Midas

#12 Post by Midas »

No hurries. Mind those kids, that's a right priority if ever there was one... 8)

ntdls

#13 Post by ntdls »

@Jtssi

The portable version of the server comes 100% "un-configured" which is probably making it hard to determine how to setup various features. I'm going to correct that today by including example configurations in the portable version, but in the mean time... this it how I have my PHP engine configured:

Jtssi

#14 Post by Jtssi »

Hello and thank you for your help. Unfortunately I have already tested what you propose but I have an error 500 internal server. Maybe there is a file to configure on php.ini? Should we run php.exe before? Thank you in advance

ntdls

#15 Post by ntdls »

@Jtssi

I shot you a PM with my email address. We'll get this worked out and post the results here.