Fortitude HTTP (server software)

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Midas

Fortitude HTTP (server software)

#1 Post by Midas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 am

I have been meaning to post about Fortitude HTTP (www.networkdls.com/Software/View/Fortitude_HTTP) for a while, but since I found it not natively portable -- contrary to NetworkDLS two other products already here, IP Traffic Spy (viewtopic.php?t=7442) and DiskMark (viewtopic.php?t=7443) -- it kept slipping from my ToDo.

The snag with Fortitude HTTP is that it saves its settings in the registry at 'HKLM\Software\NetworkDLS\Fortitude HTTP' -- nothing that a yaP launcher won't be able to solve but the management program refuses to even run unless those keys are present. :(

Other than that, Fortitude HTTP looks like a pretty decent offering for the lightweight server category.
Fortitude HTTP is a web server for Windows which was created to give users a free, easy-to-use and open source alternative to commercial Windows web servers. Fortitude HTTP features hundreds of in-depth behind the scenes security features and a growing number of user defined security features. Supports: Multiple sites, port sharing, virtual roots, CGI, scripting engines, custom filters, HTTP compression & caching, HTTP 1.1 resume, an easy to use front end, a fully configurable XML back-end and much more.
Fortitude HTTP latest version (currently v1.0.4.1), released 2018-01-26, can be downloaded from www.networkdls.com /Software/Release/View/Fortitude_HTTP/1041.