WizFile

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: WizFile 2.03

#31 Post by smaragdus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:18 am

WizFile at version 2.03, latest changes:
WizFile 2.03 (6 July 2018)
  • Search result list loading speed increased
  • Reduced CPU use when building results list (could cause audio/video playback to stutter previously)
  • Memory use reduced
  • Improved high DPI support (WizFile might have incorrectly displayed very large text on high DPI screens previously)
  • "Start with windows" option would not start WizFile on laptops running on battery power
    If you use WizFile on a laptop and want WizFile to start with Windows, then toggle the "start with windows" option off and back on again to correct this problem. This only has to be done once after upgrading to 2.03
  • Portable version will now use the default Windows language (if supported by WizFile) instead of defaulting to English

Special

Re: WizFile

#32 Post by Special » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 pm

This part;

"Start with windows" option would not start WizFile on laptops running on battery power
If you use WizFile on a laptop and want WizFile to start with Windows, then toggle the "start with windows" option off and back on again to correct this problem. This only has to be done once after upgrading to 2.03

Is the highlight for me, the way it should've been since the start, I'm glad about this change. It seems every new version comes with performance gains, I wonder how much more he can bring it down.