looking for a program that let me add my site to the most used search engine

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
giulia

looking for a program that let me add my site to the most used search engine

#1 Post by giulia »

Hi

i'm looking for a program that let me add my site to the most used search engines
is there a program that let me do it free or not?

i read about how add a site to google (i tried without luck) ,but the rest of the other search engines?

or should i do manually for every search engines?

and i have used web service like https://www.entireweb.com/free_submission/ again without luck
thanks

Specular

Re: looking for a program that let me add my site to the most used search engine

#2 Post by Specular »

Haven't actually heard of programs that do this before (granted it's not something I looked into a great deal). Not sure what kind of site it is but search engines automatically crawl sites as-is, unless the owner places an exclusion in a robots.txt file. Engines will probably find it sooner the more it's linked to by others. For appearing within the first few pages of results though that's more work depending on how specific the search query and involves other factors (SEO, etc).

giulia

Re: looking for a program that let me add my site to the most used search engine

#3 Post by giulia »

Specular wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 am Haven't actually heard of programs that do this before (granted it's not something I looked into a great deal). Not sure what kind of site it is but search engines automatically crawl sites as-is, unless the owner places an exclusion in a robots.txt file. Engines will probably find it sooner the more it's linked to by others. For appearing within the first few pages of results though that's more work depending on how specific the search query and involves other factors (SEO, etc).
Hi Specular
but i remember a program that can add keywords to the site to be found more easly

thanks

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 ami remember a program that can add keywords to the site to be found more easly
I recall a program that did that as well but I haven't seen anything on that in a long time. I think search engine submission tools were sort of an artifact of the old Yahoo, which started out as more of a directory rather than a search engine. Any effort at a web directory died years ago with probably the last version being the DMOZ.org website, which isn't even online anymore.

While there are some free submission services available, I don't expect submissions show up anywhere but very late in the search results. Serious SEO tools are big business.

giulia

#5 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 am
giulia wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 ami remember a program that can add keywords to the site to be found more easly
I recall a program that did that as well but I haven't seen anything on that in a long time. I think search engine submission tools were sort of an artifact of the old Yahoo, which started out as more of a directory rather than a search engine. Any effort at a web directory died years ago with probably the last version being the DMOZ.org website, which isn't even online anymore.

While there are some free submission services available, I don't expect submissions show up anywhere but very late in the search results. Serious SEO tools are big business.
hi
I recall a program too ,but years years ago
thanks