Pazera Free Audio Extractor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
FileHandler

Re: Pazera Free Audio Extractor

#16 Post by FileHandler »

@jack
Thanks for getting rid of the hideous Facebook-button on the toolbar.
Much cleaner + less annoying now.

Midas

#17 Post by Midas »

[Mod note:] Pazera Free Audio Extractor is portable and the present is the official forum topic, so moving to "Submission" for easier retrievability. :arrow:

bitcoin

#18 Post by bitcoin »

jack wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am Added option to save the creation, last access and last write time of the source files in the output files.

Fixed a bug that caused some of the conversion parameters reset when switching visual styles.
nice, the settings are saved now in Iceberg style.
lots of other improvements too
jack wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am Fixed a bug that prevented closing the window with the conversion progress when the conversion ended with the minimized main window of the application.
still doesn't close here when minimized in Win7 Pro. maybe something peculiar to my setup though.

the only other thing i wish for is a pause button on the popup

jack

#19 Post by jack »

Today was released version 2.9

Changes:
  • Added ability to select the bitrate mode when converting to MP3: CBR - constant, ABR - average, VBR - variable (based on LAME presets).
  • New output format for conversion: E-AC3 (Enhanced AC3).
  • Added possibility of extracting E-AC3 audio tracks.
  • Added the option to choose the format of the extracted AAC audio tracks: M4A, AAC (ADTS - Audio Data Transport Stream), MKA (Matroska audio).
  • Displaying the selected audio encoder in the header part of the panel with the audio conversion settings. As a result, the selected audio encoder is also visible when the panel is collapsed.
  • New conversion profiles.
  • A few additional minor improvements.
--------------------
This version still works on Windows XP, but if users do not report any major bugs, the next version of the program will be only for Windows Vista and newer.

--------------------
@bitcoin
On Windows 10 closing the window with conversion progress works OK. But this is a very strange bug that should not exist at all! I'm sure of my code at 99.9%. Probably the problem lies in some external module, library, component... I have to make a detailed analysis of many source files, and temporarily I do not have time for that.

Pausing the conversion process is on the "To-Do" list.

jack

#20 Post by jack »

Today was released version 2.10

Changes:
  • Updated conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
  • New MP3 encoder settings: stereo mode (L/R stereo, joint stereo), encoding algorithm quality, bit reservoir, lowpass filter.
  • New Vorbis encoder options: bitrate mode, VBR presets, minimum and maximum bitrate, lowpass filter, option to set the output file extension to .ogg or .oga.
  • New AAC encoder options: bitrate mode, VBR presets (modes), audio profile and lowpass filter.
  • New Opus encoder options: bitrate mode, the ability to set the encoding algorithm complexity, frame duration, low-pass filter, the ability to fine-tune the work of the encoder to process audio files containing music or recorded human speech.
  • Improperly selected audio sampling frequencies in profiles using the Opus encoder have been corrected.
  • New FLAC encoder options: bit depth, compression level, audio channel mode, multidimensional quantization, precision and linear predictive coding methods and more.
  • Automatic parameter selection (including bit depth) when converting FLAC files has been improved.
  • New WavPack encoder options: stereo mode, compression level, sample format.
  • New toolbar (displayed at the left edge of the main window) with functions for managing the file list.
  • Ability to block search of subdirectories when adding folders to the processing list.
  • Displaying the output directory on the title bar of the Output panel. This directory is also displayed when the panel is collapsed, so you no longer have to expand it to see where the resulting files will be saved.
  • Added the ability to number the file list in ascending order. This function can be useful after deleting some files, sorting or manually changing the order of files in the list.
  • The ability to define two sets of additional command line options passed to the FFmpeg encoder and the ability to set the order of passing these parameters relative to the parameters selected by the program has been added.
  • The information module has been extended.
    Data returned by MediaInfo is now also displayed in HTML and JSON format.
    A new tab has been added with the hexadecimal dump of the first 10 KB of the examined file.
    For easier identification, video streams are now highlighted in red, audio - green, subtitles - purple, chapters (menu) - blue.
    The window layout is now saved to the configuration file and restored the next time the program is started.
  • Added the option to restore default values for each supported encoder separately. Appropriate commands are in the Encoder menu and on the Audio panel.
  • The control displaying the list of available output formats and associated audio encoders has changed. All lossy encoders are highlighted in blue, lossless encoders in purple.
  • When turning on dark visual styles, the main window icons are slightly grayed out to reduce the contrast.
  • The ability to convert MXF files has been added.
  • New language files: Slovak and Slovenian.
  • New About window displaying additional information.
  • Lots of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
  • Support for Windows XP was dropped. Windows Vista or later is required. Maintaining compatibility with Windows XP would prevent the use of new technologies, audio and video encoders, and new FFmpeg features only available for Windows Vista and newer.

bitcoin

#21 Post by bitcoin »

many excellent improvements - especially the colorized text in the progress window - easier for those of us with vision impairments to see whats going on

only downside is now when i hover over the icon in the taskbar (Win 7 Pro) it just says Pazera v2.10 etc while running whereas it used to say something like "12 of 23 - 85% completed" so I could quickly check the progress by hovering without having to maximize the program and place on top of other programs or browsers i was working on

overall a very useful program that just keeps getting better

jack

#22 Post by jack »

many excellent improvements
Thank you. It cost me two weeks of intensive work.
only downside is now...
I will try to correct it in the next version of the program.

jack

#23 Post by jack »

Today was released version 2.11

Changes:
  • Updated conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
  • Information about the conversion progress is displayed on the title bar of the main window and on the taskbar.
  • Fixed "Stack overflow" bug when selecting next files in the list very quickly.
  • Added support for files from network shares whose names start with the characters "\\".
  • Added support for the SoX audio resampler (libsoxr).
  • "File properties" window: when saving the report to a text file, UTF-8 encoding is used (in previous versions the system default code page was used).
  • After the user has interrupted the conversion, the program displays a window asking whether to delete the incompletely converted file. Such files usually have a damaged internal structure and cannot be played.
  • If incorrect parameters are passed to the conversion engine (FFmpeg) and the conversion process fails, the output file will be automatically deleted. Such a file usually does not contain any data (0 bytes in size) and only unnecessarily litter the disk.
  • The ability to display the system "File properties" window for a file selected on the list has been added.
  • "File properties" window: Displaying the CRC32 checksum and MD5 hash of files up to 200 MB in size.
  • Added support for additional WAV (PCM) encoders: pcm_s24le, pcm_s32le, pcm_s64le, pcm_u8, pcm_mulaw, pcm_f32le, pcm_f64le.
  • Added support for additional AAC encoder: FFmpeg-AAC.
  • Fixed display of information returned by FFprobe. In version 2.10, in addition to the actual data, some unnecessary junk information was also displayed.
  • Improved handling of user-created profiles.
  • New conversion profile: Audiobook-Opus
New screenshot (HTTPS): https://www.pazera-software.com/img/pro ... r_main.png
Secondary screenshot: https://www.pazera-software.com/img/pro ... indows.png

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

> Added support for files from network shares whose names start with the characters "\\"

That's good to see -- I've been doing a lot with network shares like that and I'm frequently frustrated with Windows software that sort of shrugs at them. You'd think that would be transparent, handled on the OS level like drive letters.

>Added support for the SoX audio resampler (libsoxr).

The SoX website http://sox.sourceforge.net/Docs/FAQ doesn't seem to think there are any reliable GUI tools out there so they're probably happy to see that.

>New conversion profile: Audiobook-Opus

I'm curious: what settings are in that profile?

jack

#25 Post by jack »

@webfork

Network shares

I also use network shares very often and the lack of support by the program was very bothersome for me. Many users also asked for it.

SoX resampler

SoX audio resampler support was added at the request of one user.
I compiled FFmpeg with SoX (libsoxr) support, ran a series of conversion tests using different audio sampling rates and all the output formats supported by the program. All tests were successful (which surprised me a bit), so I decided to add SoX support to the program.

Audiobook-Opus

Audiobook-Opus profile = Opus encoder + bitrate 40 kbit/s + constrained VBR (CVBR) + highest encoding algorithm complexity + tune low bitrates for speech

I performed a large number of audiobook conversion tests and such settings ensured high sound quality, and the resulting files were usually several times smaller than the source files.
Audiobooks are most often provided in MP3 format with a bitrate of 96-192 kbit/s. The Opus encoder is much more efficient than MP3 and can use a lower bitrate. With the value of 40 kbit/s, the loss of sound quality was imperceptible or minimal.
Using this profile, I converted all my audiobooks from MP3 to Opus and recovered a few GB of disk space.

Midas

#26 Post by Midas »

Quick note to point out that any modern encoder is more "efficient" than MP3, just because it was developed in another age, one of meager computing power and bandwidth (if compared to today's standards).

webfork

#27 Post by webfork »

jack wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:32 amAudiobook-Opus profile = Opus encoder + bitrate 40 kbit/s + constrained VBR (CVBR) + highest encoding algorithm complexity + tune low bitrates for speech
Thanks for the detail there -- I haven't messed with it for some time but once upon a time I had a voice compression effort going that I think your response sums up nicely.
Midas wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:41 am ...just because it was developed in another age, one of meager computing power and bandwidth (if compared to today's standards).
I thought it also had something to do with the ability to easily function on devices that were built for MP2 hardware decoders (or in that same range) so you could run it on very low power/low performance chips from 20 yrs ago, but I couldn't come up with anything on that.

Midas

#28 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:I thought it also had something to do with the ability to easily function on devices that were built for MP2 hardware decoders (or in that same range) so you could run it on very low power/low performance chips from 20 yrs ago, but I couldn't come up with anything on that.

I believe you... :)