MarkDownEdit - markdown editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
shnbwmn

Re: MarkDownEdit - markdown editor

#16 Post by shnbwmn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:19 pm

@smaragdus I'll be honest, I'm a bit baffled as to why you're experiencing these issues. All that needs to happen is to download the ZIP, extract, start mde.exe, and the program is in portable mode. The AppData folder is created automatically along with its contents. As said previously, the MSI is not portable (I assume you're using that??). The instructions for portability are hard-coded into the ZIP version only.

smaragdus

#17 Post by smaragdus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:34 pm

@shnbwmn
I used the archive (MarkdownEdit.zip) downloaded from GitHub (Release 1.27).
No AppData sub-folder inside Markdown Edit program folder is generated on my machine, I re-tested it- on first run mde.exe generates folders in \AppData\Local\ & \AppData\Roaming\- the essential settings are saved in \Roaming\Markdown Edit.
I have no explanation. Perhaps there are still some left-overs in the registry which trigger such behaviour.

webfork

#18 Post by webfork » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:17 pm

shnbwmn wrote:CuteMarkEd
This program ended up over at PA:
http://portableapps.com/news/2016-06-03 ... 3-released

webfork

#19 Post by webfork » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:08 pm

This project hasn't seen an update in some time so I'm not sure if it's discontinued, but I will note some very nice features:

* Microsoft Word and HTML import - at least with the Word 2016 files I tested, it doesn't seem to import images and some formats aren't covered (e.g. underlined text). Linking, both external (www.portablefreeware.com) and internal (like the table of contents). Note that "justmd" doesn't work as well with formatting, but does do a bit better with graphics.

* Nested lists KIND of works (press tab twice to get a sub-bullet) ... it's something I've been frustrated with in numerous markdown tools.

* Drag & drop to open files, including conversion

webfork

#20 Post by webfork » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 pm

From the home page:
This project is no longer maintained. I suggest you use Visaul Studio Code. Don't let the it's a code editor scare you off. It's accessable and very powerful (and cross platform!). There are several quality Markdown extensions that support many features not found in Markdown Edit.
Here's our Visual Studio Code thread.

Midas

#21 Post by Midas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:57 am

[VSCode] It's accessable and very powerful (and cross platform!).

It's also Electron-based, amirite?