jaBuT - a flexible back-up and sync program

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lintalist

Re: jaBuT - a flexible back-up and sync program

#241 Post by lintalist »

I wonder if a scheduled task or an AutoHotkey script setup to (re)start JaBuT on "wake up from sleep" would resolve this.

System Scheduler ( https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=218 ) seems to support "on wake up" for example.

jabuTBackup

#242 Post by jabuTBackup »

Hello everyone, I am really sorry to read there has been a data loss. I am more than sorry for that.
The behaviour you are talking about has been implemented because a user told me he has big problems after the system comes back from energy saving mode.

I've changed all of this now and profiles will be automatically activated again after the system comes back (except profiles which have been actively paused by the user before).
I've also changed the way the portable version is detected.
Furthermore I've added some nice GUI additions, a recycle bin, some new shortcuts, a real save button on the profile settings dialogue and more will come. Currently everything downloadable on the preview update channel.

lintalist

#243 Post by lintalist »

Don't beat yourself up about it, part of proper backup procedure lies with the user actually checking the backup is done correctly, here an issue was reported and you fixed it.

vevy

#244 Post by vevy »

jabuTBackup wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:30 amI've also changed the way the portable version is detected.
👍

Also, you mentioned health issues on your site. Hope you are OK now.

Midas

#245 Post by Midas »

vevy wrote:
jabuTBackup wrote:
Also, you mentioned health issues on your site. Hope you are OK now.

Likewise. Thanks for your continued support, jabuTBackup. 8)

starshakur

#246 Post by starshakur »

Is there an option to filter out the Recycle Bin from being checked and synced?

jabuTBackup

#247 Post by jabuTBackup »

Hello, sorry for the later answer. A lot to do in my job currently.
Could you maybe explain exactly what do you mean? I am not sure if I have understood the question correctly.

starshakur

#248 Post by starshakur »

jabuTBackup wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:44 am Hello, sorry for the later answer. A lot to do in my job currently.
Could you maybe explain exactly what do you mean? I am not sure if I have understood the question correctly.
There are no differences apart from the recycle bin, i'm looking for a filter to exclude the recycle bin from being checked.

jabuTBackup

#249 Post by jabuTBackup »

Hello, thank you for the screenshot to clarify the issue.
Please head over to the profile settings, activate the advanced setup (Erweitertes Setup), go to Select data (Datenauswahl) and add $RECYCLE.BIN to the exclude field.

starshakur

#250 Post by starshakur »

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am testing your software right now and had to force kill it several times. I tried to preview a sync of two drives:

I
...subfolder Daten
.......many subfolders
..........even more subfolders
...subolder Medien
.......many subfolders
..........even more subfolders

Drive J is built the same.

If i choose I:\ as the source and J:\ as the target, once the progress bar is half through jabut does nothing, stopping the profile isn't enough so i have to force kill it via task manager.

But if i choose I:\Daten as the source and J:\Daten, jabut does what it should.

This one is just optics. "Weiter" means next and is grayed out, "Speichern" means save. The green arrow should show to the right.

jabuTBackup

#251 Post by jabuTBackup »

Hello,
could you maybe provide more information about your setup?
- profile settings and program settings, disk types of I and J etc?
Please hit STRG+Shift+C to enable the command line and type (without quotion marks) "-debuglog enabled". Hit return/enter and run your profile.
Once the program gets stuck, please send me (via e-mail) the debug.log file which you can find in %AppData%\jaBuT (installed normally) or in jaBuT\ (portable mode).
This file does not contain any private data or path information.

Before killing the program please open the taskmanager and verifiy if there is any disk or cpu activity.

(The intro issue has been fixed, thank you very much)

Thank you so much starshakur for emailing me.
The freezing issue has been fixed.

bitcoin

#252 Post by bitcoin »

files not available to be downloaded now, same at Softpedia

jabuTBackup

#253 Post by jabuTBackup »

Hello,
I am sorry to write more than a year later. Covid changed my life completely.

I just wanted to let you know that the following feature will be removed with the next update:

- SMTP support from jaBuT.exe itself. I am using Indy web components which still do not support OpenSSL 3.0. This won't happen the next years either.
I am working on a solution to keep the functionality of sending reports after a profile run outside of jaBuT.exe.
Edit: after thinking about how to keep the code base clean and after some testing, I am sorry to say that this feature will go away.
Instead I will implement a new profile option which will allow to save the report to disk. This file can be used by other tools then.

- Update download progress indicator. This will be removed due to a complete refactor of the HTTP code base.
I moved from Indy to something else, which unfortunately does not provide any concept of event management. But this is only visual and downloading ~30 Mb shouldn't take very long.

The next update also offers a "QuickCopy" functionality which will allow to process files without creating a profile before. It is intended for quick and uncomplicated file processing.
Last edited by jabuTBackup on Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Midas

#254 Post by Midas »

jabuTBackup wrote: I am sorry to write more than a year later. Covid changed my life completely.
Hi and welcome back, jabuTBackup -- I hope all is well with you now. 8)

Andrew Lee

#255 Post by Andrew Lee »

jabuTBackup wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:24 am I am sorry to write more than a year later. Covid changed my life completely.
I am sure many of us feel the same :cry: Hope you are in a better place now.