Portable Application Launcher

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
ItsMeP3

Portable Application Launcher

#1 Post by ItsMeP3 »

Hi Everyone,

Over the last couple of months I have been consolidating the utilities I have gathered and making what I can portable.

I have realised that to make a few of them portable I need to restore their registry settings and also in some cases copy some files to the Application data folder. I also found that some paths need to be changed in the config files or registry that belong to the application.

To help me acheive this I have created a utility that would backup related registry and files then import the portable applications settings do small modifications and then launch the application. When the application closes we restore the settings and files that existed before you got there.

The goal is to be able to make more applications portable.
Applications that only write to config files make good portable applications but we should not forget applications that use the registry and profile there are many good ones out there.

In order to avoid writing code \ modifying code for each application I have used NSIS installer and AutoIt to create a portable application launcher.

The code is enclosed in the applicatios for those who could help this go further.

You can download the application at http://www.systemsaflame.in/portapps/apploader.aspx

Have fun

piers