Kaspersky TDSSKiller

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
I am Baas

Re: Kaspersky TDSSKiller

#16 Post by I am Baas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:17 am

Downloaded EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe and will try to test both KVRT and Emsisoft later on this week under a different set up. Sandboxie is not great when driver's are involved.
Bəəs 2.0

joby_toss

#17 Post by joby_toss » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 am

Just FYI, KVRT's driver is called 1DD4E484.sys on my system, but I think these 8 characters are unique to the PC it's running from. I'm using Nir Sofer's Installed Drivers List app for this. Thank's!

I am Baas

#18 Post by I am Baas » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:53 am

joby_toss wrote:I could, however, find a driver (cleanhlp64.sys) that belongs to Emsisoft and wasn't unloaded after Emsisoft Emergency Kit was closed... :( Would appreciate a confirmation on that!
Finally tested Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) v10.0 build 5488.

I could not find cleanhlp64.sys or any other driver belonging to EEK in the "Windows Directory" after exiting the program. It does however create a "Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit" shortcut on the desktop.

PS. I ran the "Malware Scan" including PUPs and proceeded to quarantine and delete an entry. Did you exit the program properly?
Bəəs 2.0

joby_toss

#19 Post by joby_toss » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:41 am

Yes, I used it a few months ago and I exited the app normally... no crash, no restart, everything seemed OK. Will take another look at it. Thank's!

Midas

Re: Kaspersky System Checker

#20 Post by Midas » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 am

Kaspersky System Checker (KSC; https://www.kaspersky.com/system-checker) is yet another freebie from Kaspersky Labs. I haven't tested its stealth status, but KSC comes in a single 47MB launcher executable that, when run, will unpack itself to a 'ksc' sub-folder (with a further 74MB disk cost) and run from there -- and there's even a 17 page PDF user manual to be found there.
https://www.kaspersky.com/system-checker%20author wrote:Kaspersky System Checker gives you a free way to scan your PC -- and get details about any issues it finds on your PC.

The final KSC report does include a couple of plugs for paid Kaspersky Labs products, but overall and as the reports can be saved in HTML format for later reading, KSC is a valuable tool to help minimize hacking exposure for any given system.

Download KSC latest release (currently v1.1.0.228) from https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/tha ... em-checker.

Midas

#21 Post by Midas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:07 am

TDSSKiller v3.1.0.21released, dated 2018-11-28 (no changelog).

ZIP download available from support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility#TDSSKiller...