Had a suggestion for this site - ratings concern

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Special

Had a suggestion for this site - ratings concern

#1 Post by Special »

First off I love this site, I have found so many amazing and useful programs that I never new existed because of you guys such as FreeFileSync, Greenshot, HashMyFiles, HxD, RegScanner, ReNamer, Sizer, Blah blah I can go on and on here :D , I use most of them everyday and now cannot imagine life without them. But anyway the reason for this post was I had a suggestion that I think would make this site even better.

The way things are rated currently can be a bit misleading unless I'm horribly mistaken, like you see something that's rated a 4.5/5 stars, great but that can be misleading if only one person has voted, alternatively one person might vote a 5 and another a 1, bringing it's average down to 2.5, would it not be wise to have next to the star rating the number of voters? 4.5/5 (76) for example.

I actually had two more suggestions but after thinking about them a bit more as I was typing they were pretty redundant overall so I'll save you time and just keep this post much shorter.

I am Baas

Re: Had a suggestion for this site.

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Special wrote:The way things are rated currently can be a bit misleading unless I'm horribly mistaken
You are. Try to hover over the "stars" with your mouse. To understand how it all works, search this site for "popularity score algorithm"